• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

ballz said:
I suppose I should have checked this place out more during the election, but since it's still on that topic... On FB, this girl posted a "crap Harper Did" link and a discussion followed. One of the first things she said:

"He blatantly puts economics before the greater good of the people in this country, and increases spending in military, security, and surveillance - none of which are to benefit me or any other working class citizen."

I stayed the hell away from this convo...

you're%20awesome.jpg

A similiar argument to Sapplicant's, involving our airpower..... the guy is an aquaintance, and is one of those people who thinks they know more than everyone else, cause the internet told them so....

idiot: Canada never should have gotten rid of our A-10's

me: We never had any

idiot: Yes we did, we invented it during World War 2 and the Americans stole the design

me: where in the hell did you hear that cockamamie bullshit!?!? (yes, I used the word cockamamie)

idiot: On the internet

me: You need to loosen your tin foil hat buddy. Do you even know what an A-10 Warthog looks like?

idiot: No, but I know the plane was a similiar design to the German Stuka

me: I would think twice about repeating that to anybody else. I'll save you the trouble and post this conversation on Army.ca....

idiot: You're an *******, you know that?

me: I agree. You should find somebody else to bullshit, you're kinda pissing me off

Just on the news:

"Gas in Ontario has gone up to $1.38/litre, the highest it has been in years."

Sorry, but it is $1.41.9/litre in Kingston now.

211RadOp said:
Just on the news:

...and headed up another 2.5 cents/litre tonight.  Just in case you thought you weren't paying enough.  :(

211RadOp said:

Still only $137.9 where I usually fill up.  I'm just thankful I got half a tank at $1.30.9 on the way home from work!  :nod:

Whereas I'm just thankful my Harley's gas tank is smaller than my Jeep's    :nod:

Might be time to dig that 650 cc Bonneville out, that's been stored for the last 25+ years, and give it a rebuild.

To heck with getting something with a bit of versatility, I'm going to buy a Smart car.

(how's that for 'dumbest thing said today' ;D )

I just take the bus or walk. There's no way in hell I'm forking out that kind of money... But then again, I only have me to worry about, and I don't really own many things other than books and tools...

211RadOp said:
Just on the news:

Looking at a recent drop in Diesel from 1.40 Euro to 1.38 Euro for the cheapest grade.  The highest grades of Diesel here breal 1.70 Euro per lt.  The VW van I have rented seems to have a large tank and I haven't filled it for over a week now.  I am guessing over CDN 200 $ to fill it up. 

So. $1.40 Cdn sounds good to me.  I am sure it sounds good to captloadie as well.

Just be thankful you don't pay premium. In guelph last week I paid 151.9 per litre, and that was before the spike. God only knows what it is now.

This little gem appeared on www.smalldeadanimals.com yesterday:

From S... My Students Write: "The rebel and onion armies showed grose negligence by having many of their battles right inside national parks, like Gettysburg."

It could be subtitled "Why teachers drink."

Conversation Overheard Lastnight at Starbucks in Halifax between Hippie Loser and Friends:

"The only reason Harper got back in was because all those Army guys voted for him. We should not let the Army guys vote because the Conservatives bribe them with guns to kill babies with in Iraq and Libya..."
Old guy response from out of the blue to his wife
"Quick check Kajiji we found some village's idiot"

:)

Ex-Dragoon said:
"The only reason Harper got back in was because all those Army guys voted for him. We should not let the Army guys vote because the Conservatives bribe them with guns to kill babies with in Iraq and Libya..."
wow... Just wow.

I want to meet said old guy so I can shake his hand. Bravo. As for said hippie, I'm in favour of revoking his ability to vote for being dimwitted. Does he seriously think that the CF has enough personnel to sway elections, or does he just not understand how our electoral system functions (personally, I suspect the latter)?

+1 SB, except for my revision below
Saskboy said:
I want to meet said old guy so I can shake his hand. Bravo. As for said hippie, I'm in favour of revoking his ability to vote BREED for being dimwitted. Does he seriously think that the CF has enough personnel to sway elections, or does he just not understand how our electoral system functions (personally, I suspect the latter)?

Back