• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Actually, it's not when you buy it that you have to worry about it's labelling...

It's once you get it home and the family has started to use it.. and people don't realize there is a difference....

Today I was in the office at 7 am.  My boss scheduled a TCC at 5:30 p.m.  He asked me to take notes, I said "I'm gone at 3 and good luck with my attendance"  Thank God we get along really well.

When informing a friend that I'd be attempting to join the army as an officer after my two-year monitoring period is up, and mentioning that the eventual starting rank is second lieutenant, friend said:

"I dunno man, my dad was in the army for 8 years and only made sergeant"

Made me realize, you know, a lot of us civilian-types don't really know that much about the army.

uncle-midget-boyd said:
Don't worry there, Mike. There's a new invention called the thermometer thats all the rage. I hear it will be making it's debut in Newfoundland pretty soon.
P.S.. make sure when you buy one, it says "oral" on the package.

Midget

You MUST be from rural Hant's County; everyone knows that to properly diagnose the flu -- it's the thermometer marked "rectal" on the packaging that Mike's mom & dad will need to purchase.

8)

Although its early, I am going to give the Saturday Award to...I had to add the bolded part, so as not to suggest anyone Sgt/PO2 or above that is alive is a loser.

HFXCrow said:
I still think PO2's & above living-in is loserville! And since this a forum, I guess I can say that.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/52775.315.html

My sister takes the Gold today.

Me:  Kennie to you want your egg yolks split?

Sis:  No I want the whole egg...

Ha!  ::)

At the drugstore

a couple choosing toothpaste

woman said to the man: "oh that one is good, I have seen it on TV"

haha, I hope they don't believe everything that is on tv...
what a beautiful world!  ;D

Yesterday, as I was leaving work at 1630 hrs ...

"So Vern, are you going to Griffens?"

::)

Uh, d'uh.

LOL I'm sure they have a table reserved just for you Vern ;)  >:D  ;D

My youngest female offspring (16)

"That's not fair!"      :rofl:

Kat Stevens said:
My youngest female offspring (16)

"That's not fair!"      :rofl:

:D

Seems to be a popular line with the 13 year olds too.

I'm still trying to come up with the puuurfect response for it.

ArmyVern said:
Yesterday, as I was leaving work at 1630 hrs ...

"So Vern, are you going to Griffens?"

::)

Uh, d'uh.

What?  You work til 1630 on Fridays?  That would be considered harassment or cruel and unfair punishment where I am!  ;D

Eye In The Sky said:
What?  You work til 1630 on Fridays?  That would be considered harassment or cruel and unfair punishment where I am!   ;D

Nah, not really.

The CSM was out of the office as he's the A/RSM, and the Officers were out attending "PD" (so Blackberries were turned off) ... someone had to answer the damn phones and all the emails streaming in.

Guess what ? -- I had more than one beer!!  ;D

ArmyVern said:
:D

Seems to be a popular line with the 13 year olds too.

I'm still trying to come up with the puuurfect response for it.

Try mine:  "It's completely fair, it's just not to your advantage, there's a difference."

ArmyVern said:
You MUST be from rural Hant's County; everyone knows that to properly diagnose the flu -- it's the thermometer marked "rectal" on the packaging that Mike's mom & dad will need to purchase.

8)

He'd like that to much [jk]  :cheers:

edited to add

ArmyVern said:
Guess what ? -- I had more than one beer!!  ;D
Was it beer or rye and coke?

NL_engineer said:
He'd like that to much [jk]   :cheers:

edited to add
Was it beer or rye and coke?

I had two beers -- then switched to rye & coke.  ;D

Back