• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

PMedMoe said:
Natalie Portman turned down the role of an emotionally conflicted nun in new movie 'Doubt' because she "didn't understand celibacy", says director John Patrick Shanley.

Article Link

Ummm, isn't that why it's called acting?   ::)

Seriously, isn't this girl studying pshychology at Harvard?

Personally I like her attitude.  And maybe she has to be able to relate to what character she is portraying. ???

Come to think about it that comment is the dumbest thing I heard today

helpup said:
Personally I like her attitude.  And maybe she has to be able to relate to what character she is portraying. ???

Come to think about it that comment is the dumbest thing I heard today

Actually, I like her attitude as well.  I've always thought of her as one of the smarter actresses out there today, very poised and has always seemed mature for her age.

Which comment, mine or hers?  If it was mine, glad to have contributed to your day.  ;)

Natalie Portman fills out a white space type outfit better than most women. >:D

OldSolduer said:
Natalie Portman fills out a white space type outfit better than most women. >:D

Would you seriously put her up against Erwin Grey (Col Dearing)?

George Wallace said:
Would you seriously put her up against Erwin Grey (Col Dearing)?
No, Erin Grey is a goddess! >:D  Natlalie is a mere hottie!! LOL
That was the worst series ever, not including Walker Texas Ranger.

OldSolduer said:
No, Erin Grey is a goddess! >:D  Natlalie is a mere hottie!! LOL
That was the worst series ever, not including Walker Texas Ranger.

How dare you slander the good name of Chuck Norris!  :rage: ;)

This wasn't spoken per se, or did I see it, but it is pretty funny.

A rew recruit, with not enough time in to be counted on one hand, walks past two officers down a wide all, both of them at opposite sides of said hall.

He had just learned about saluting, or perhaps not enough.  He was unsure which one to salute, so he saluted BOTH at the same time, with both his left and right arms.

Yesterday at work I got told that i'm a valued member of the regiment and i'm in line for all my courses next year...then i read the Regimental manning list and realised that i'd been forgotten about, left off it and no one in my hierarchy had worred about it. I reckon that's pretty dumb...
I'm going to form Hale Squadron now 8)

Driver Wheel, had just been shown where to find the CFR.  First question asked a minute later...... Pte........., what is the CFR of this vehicle?  No answer.  What's the CFR?

Not today but not all that long ago, I was reviewing a PER describing a "problem child's" laziness before passing it up the food chain and I came across a line something to the effect  "...he seems to be extremely disinterested...."

PMedMoe said:
Actually, I like her attitude as well.  I've always thought of her as one of the smarter actresses out there today, very poised and has always seemed mature for her age.

Which comment, mine or hers?  If it was mine, glad to have contributed to your day.  ;)

Actually I meant my comment.  :-X

OldSolduer said:
Not too sure about shaved head though.
But you have to like the attitude of any woman who would be willing to do that to thier hair,  mind you most of them do as they like Canoe >:D

This didnt happen today but about two weeks ago i took my kids to my parents for the weekend and bought them pizza from pizza hut. Well my mother was working so i told the girls to leave a couple of pieces for nanny.  I left the boxes on the stove. My mother gets home and see the boxes on the stove, she opens then top one, then closes it, them moves it to the counter about 5 steps away and turns around and opens the 2nd box and she looks at me and says:

mom: so you bought pizza?
me:  ??? umm yeah
her: was it expensive?
me: no
her: So where did you buy it at?
me: ???WTF ??? your kidding right?
her: no

I turned and walked away.

The following morning took the girls to Tim Hortons, and came home, my mom asked me where I went, and this is how the conversation went

mom: where did you go?
me: Tim Hortons
mom: where?
me Tim Hortons
mom: Where?
me: (in a louder voice getting annoyed at this point) TIM HORTONS
mom: Who is Tim Horton?
me: ( I looked at my father and he looked at me both completely dumbfounded) Dad is she for real?
Dad: yep never a dull moment!

I walked away shaking my head.

I love my mom!

Back