• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

which battrey is the accessory battrey in the MILCOTS the upper left right or the upper left?

Just another day at the office

Corp - "Rightio lads, i want the whole troop's radio and comsec gear accounted for and numbers checked and i want the list on my desk in an hour"
Me - "Ah, corp, i did all that on monday"
Corp - "Yep Hales, realise that, but i need another copy"
Me - "Couldnt you just copy the original copy?"
Corp (Looking a little shifty) - "Mate, this is the Army, sometimes you've got to do things more then once"
Me - "...You lost the sheet i gave you on monday, didnt you?"
Corp - "...yeah..."

Digger Hale said:
Corp - "Rightio lads, i want the whole troop's radio and comsec gear accounted for and numbers checked and i want the list on my desk in an hour"
Me - "Ah, corp, i did all that on monday"
Corp - "Yep Hales, realise that, but i need another copy"
Me - "Couldnt you just copy the original copy?"
Corp (Looking a little shifty) - "Mate, this is the Army, sometimes you've got to do things more then once"
Me - "...You lost the sheet i gave you on monday, didnt you?"
Corp - "...yeah..."

Oh god..... Im dying laughing over here....

Worlds apart and yet still the Same.....  I think I had that conversation with a MCpl once or twice in my career thus far as well...

Tommy said:
Oh god..... Im dying laughing over here....

Worlds apart and yet still the Same.....  I think I had that conversation with a MCpl once or twice in my career thus far as well...

You guys need to go on a PLQ and learn how to CYA.  You make a list; you keep a copy.  Then you impress the shit out of said "Looser of Docs" by handing him/her a copy in seconds of being requested.    ;D

stealthylizard said:
If the NDP had been in government since we beat the Liberals, there would still be a surplus, and global warming would be getting solved. - Overheard while waiting to pick up boxed lunches
:eek:

Brutal.

We have a winner.

"Yes, the phone is defective, but the manufacturer doesn't consider that defect valid under warranty"

Yep.  They made it wrong, but it isn't their fault.

Person 1)  Do antelope have the right to life? Do they have the right to not be chased down in terror and eaten alive?

Person 2)  The antelope doesn't have the right to life, but it has the right to not be tortured or tormented.

Person 1)  If it doesn't have the right to life, then how can it have the right not to be tormented or tortured? If there is no right to life, then no other rights can exist, because the right to life is the basis for all other rights. Animals are often tormented and harassed in the animal kingdom - orcas tormenting and torturing seals, cats tormenting and torturing other animals, hens ganging up and pecking other hens to death, packs of cheetahs gang raping a female cheetah, and on and on. Are you saying that all those victims have the right not to be treated like that?

Person 2)  Yes they have a right not to be treated like that.

Person 1)  So the animals that do that to other animals really ought to be arrested and hauled before a court of law, or even perhaps put in front of a firing squad and shot? They are, afterall, violators of those animals rights.

Person 2)  No because they don't know that they have those rights.

Me)  And do you think that telling them they have those rights is going to change orcas tormenting and torturing seals, cats tormenting and torturing other animals, hens ganging up and pecking other hens to death, packs of cheetahs gang raping a female cheetah, and on and on.???
How do you communicate that to the rest of the animal kingdom .

Yes, I get into some stupid internet conversations .

On youtube today.
"What moron puts lights on a tank?"
along with:
"Tanks have lights?"

Hanging out with my 12 year old yesterday.

Him: (singing) "... I can taste her on my tongue.."

Me: Oh yeah, how'd she taste?

Him:  'pretty gross actually, like a mix of chocolate, kraft dinner and cheeseburger.'

what a kid.    :p  ... perhaps that should go under most disturbing thing you heard today.

not today, but over the holidays.

My uncle is taking his girlfriend's 23 year old son who has lived in Canada all his life (and thus no stranger to the holidays celebrated here) to the unemployment office.  As they're standing there in line, he turns to my uncle and says, "So what's with this Christmas thing?  How long has that been around?"

Not said but posted in a Buy & Sell:

Wood: Ready to burn.

That's kind of like Food: Ready to eat.  ;D

That's what they call the US rat packs.... MREs

On youtube today

MarPAT works
CADPAT works - kind of.

coming from a dude that has never even seen CADPAT in person.  and isn't even military.

I have fewer brain cells from watching that.

It was yesterday and it was someone's facebook status in regards to the briefings that are taking place about the new field pay.  Please tell me it's not true. 

Not a pefect quote, I'm going by memory but it was something like:

"How can they say the Armour School is NOT a field unit by the MP det in Halifax IS?!?!?!"

Of course, it's not the comment that is stupid.  but that fact that if it IS true.. the military have officially lost their minds!!

Back