• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

I ordered a coffee other morning at a small truck stop type place and the girl at the counter asks:

Cream and suger with that?

to which I reply:

No, could I have that black

And she pauses and kinda rolls her eyes as she ays with an exasperated tone:

This isn't Starbucks, we only have 10% or skim milk!

I could only bite my tongue and reply:

Alrighty then, I guess I just take it without cream and suger then, since you don't have any black!

Teflon said:
I ordered a coffee other morning at a small truck stop type place and the girl at the counter asks:

Cream and suger with that?

to which I reply:

No, could I have that black

And she pauses and kinda rolls her eyes as she ays with an exasperated tone:

This isn't Starbucks, we only have 10% or skim milk!

I could only bite my tongue and reply:

Alrighty then, I guess I just take it without cream and suger then, since you don't have any black!

Similar incident at the local TH drive thru. Was ordering a small coffee, single-single, for my little sister.

Speaker:  "Sorry for making you wait!!!!!"
Myself:  "Don't worry about it."
Speaker: "Ok Sir, have a nice day and take care."
Myself:  ??? Um okay....... "Well actually I would like to place an order..."
[Order goes thru, and I come to the front to pay up.  I acquire the coffee]
Speaker: "I thought you originally meant, don't worry about getting you anything at all."

I guess me being there in the first place didn't drive the point home.  Or perhaps I was being extremely vague, and I didn't know it.....

It wasn't today..........it was yesterday....and it was while watching that video on Basic Training. I think it's called Basic Up or something like that. The PO....well, basically everything he said during his power trip. The best though was "Close your eyes.........I mean your mouths!"

Just received an email:

It's March 18th and the flies are waking up in the windows and the dead flies are accumulating on my floor.  Is there anything that can be done through PMed -Please and Thank You? .

I wonder if it occurred to them to sweep the floor.
rolleyes.gif

Or maybe to clean out the windows before the flies wake up?!

For me:  It's March 18th and the officers are waking up and wandering around the HQ.  Is there anything Pmed can do about it? 

Bzzliteyr said:
Or maybe to clean out the windows before the flies wake up?!

For me:  It's March 18th and the officers are waking up and wandering around the HQ.  Is there anything Pmed can do about it?

I wish!! I wonder if permethrin would work?
wink.gif

I've had some success with malathion.

You'd be amazed what some windex and crumpled-up newspaper can accomplish...

They're both arthropods, which Malathion and Permethrin are both effective on.  Lice are from the order Phthiraptera and flies from the order Diptera.

PMedMoe said:
They're both arthropods, which Malathion and Permethrin are both effective on.  Lice are from the order Phthiraptera and flies from the order Diptera.

And what about the officers wandering around Bzzliteyr's HQ, would they be Phthiraptera, or maybe Diptera?

PMedMoe said:

I was talking about the lice and officers...lol!

Kat Stevens said:
I was talking about the lice and officers...lol!

D'oh!  Well, they probably have similarities, too.  Except permethrin has a low toxicity for mammals.

I'm really not sure what is with the douchebaggery of these forums, but alas.

Is "douchebaggery" a word?
huh.gif

Edit:  It seems that it is!  I stand corrected.

if it's not, it bloody well should be.

I kind of like it.....douchebaggery.....it just rolls off the tongue.

Journeyman said:
I kind of like it.....douchebaggery.....it just rolls off the tongue.

Yep, ranks up there with tomfoolery and hooliganism for me.
wink.gif

douchebaggery:

douchebaggery
Definition from Wiktionary, a free dictionary
Jump to: navigation, search

[edit] English
The term “douchebaggery” is considered a neologism based on standardized Wiktionary criteria.
Neologisms are newly acknowledged terms. They typically have not been in circulation long enough or widely enough for their social status to be determined. Neologisms can be nonces, slang terms, or even illiteracies.

The citation of “douchebaggery” may be restricted to certain other contexts that have not been fully investigated, such as industry jargon or regional use. The term may not generally be understood even within those contexts.

[edit] Etymology
From douchebag

Noun
Singular
douchebaggery
  Plural
douchebaggeries

douchebaggery (plural douchebaggeries)

(slang) Blatant stupidity, ignorance, or insolence.
2000 July 10, Sheldon via aol.com, “Re: Choices at Penzeys”, rec.food.cooking, Usenet
Watkins obviously promotes low life douche baggery.
Mr Al doesn't quite suit you... seems to elicit that used car dealer odor.
2002 April 10, Isaiah Camacho, “Re: Kick 'er out of the house!^”, alt.radio.talk.dr-laura, Usenet
The only way for you to do that is to support your position. Agressive douchebaggery and asserting that your position is unquestionable won't work on me.
2004 April 21, James Andrews, “record geeks”, alt.fan.kieran-snyder, Usenet
I don't know why i don't just turn the page whenever i see the name jonathan valania in the byline. I just don't, OK? I read it, I get annoyed at the incessant douchebaggery, and I come over here to piss all y'all off
2004 September 23, Joseph Michael Bay, “Re: Protesters Get Creamed at Dem Rallies, Too!!”, alt.fan.cecil-adams, Usenet
Unless the daughter was in on it, it's remarkable douchebaggery.
2005 March 1, John Shaughnessy, “Re: Going gig rates?”, alt.guitar.bass, Usenet
So basically what this asshole wants is a minstrel show for a lily white audience.... I've seen a lot of douchebaggery in this biz, but that one takes the cake.
2005 April 6, Adrian Cocot, “Re: UCL 2004-2005 Quarter-Finals Day Two”, rec.sport.soccer, Usenet
Actually, with a better centre back who won't be pushed around by Drogba's douchebaggery in the box, Bayern would have a better chance.

Retrieved from "http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/douchebaggery"

(Sorry the insert Hyperlink button isn't working for me)

Back