• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

When did you join the Canadian Forces ?

Joined the Lake Superior Scottish Regiment in 1978, and left because of civilian work commitments in 1989.

Enrolled in March (or May?) 1994 with R Westmr R in New Westminster BC, did a year, then spent a year out (that's an interesting story, I never wanted to release, but was forced to by my C Clk) and re-enrolled Nov 1996 with 64 Bty 10 Fd Regt in Yorkton Sk, which has now folded causing an error on my MPRR (in which I am attributed to 2 Fd Engr Regt in Toronto, due to similar UIC).  I have my CD, and only NOW have I decided to do with my life.... I wanna go Mat Tech, but after discussion with the BPSO about the realities of trying to get into a trade that's full-up of people who never want to leave, I've put in my CT for LCIS.  Basically I'm 15 years (thereabouts) worth of full-time Class B service as a Clerk and I decide to rearrange my life completely.... [:D]

I officially join tomorrow, 14 December 2010. I will be sworn in at the Kingston recruiting center. My first posting at the Military Police Academy in Borden, Ontario.

:salute:

MPwannabe said:
I officially join tomorrow, 14 December 2010. I will be sworn in at the Kingston recruiting center. My first posting at the Military Police Academy in Borden, Ontario.

:salute:

Congratulations, and good luck!

February 22, 2011 is when it all comes down to for me.
Signing up my new life as an LCIS Tech.!!

PRes Infantryman with the West Nova Scotia Regiment D Coy and then later B Coy from 03 Sep 92 until 09 Jun 95 when I was 3B'd out.  Something wasn't quite right with that so I decided to prove "them" wrong and get back in...Took forever it seemed and finally sworn into the RegF Navy on 11 May 03. Not going anywhere any time soon.

18 October 1990. Infantry, Yeeeeee hawwwww. Enjoyed about 90% of my time to date.

19 May 2005...sworn in to the Seaforth Highlanders. Almost halfway to a CD now.

07 July 78, HMCS York, NRSSTP
CT'd 06 May 81
Retired 28 Feb 2010

No regrets except for friends lost!

Somehow I knew I'd be one of the "young" ones  ;D

24 Mar 93, Cornwallis 9313 (well, I graduated with 9319, it seems I had an attitude problem that required extra training....don't know what the hell they were talking about :D)

Wook

Wookilar said:
Somehow I knew I'd be one of the "young" ones  ;D

24 Mar 93, Cornwallis 9313 (well, I graduated with 9319, it seems I had an attitude problem that required extra training....don't know what the hell they were talking about :D)

Wook

I joined just before you. 21 Feb 1993, course 9308 in St-Jean.

Student Summer Employment Plan (SSEP) June 1970, enrolled in the Canadian Scottish Regiment August 1970, joined the Regular Force as an Armour Officer Cadet August 1974, retired from the Canadian Army 2002.

Sep 81 - Joined the 26 Svc Bn North Bay;
Aug 83 - 8335 5 Pl Cornwallis;
Sep 08 - retired (medical release)

Regrets - Zero!

July 1970, joined the FGH in Winnipeg.
Mar 1974 went reg force
April 2001 released.

Lance

You never Released.  You just did a Component Transfer to Civilian Instructor.    ;D

14 April 82 - savage 7 8258; TQ3 Pet, then 1RCR London Ont
LOTPed  88 to medic
Retired reg 14 Aug 06
Then sup Reserves attached posted to HMCS JOLLIET
hung up the uniform for good july 2010

Joined in may 98 with 723 Comm Sqn
CT'ed to the regs as a lineman Aug 14 2001
4 trips across the pond and a CD later, still enjoying the adventure.  ;D

Was sworn in at CFB Toronto sometime the last week of June, and first day of BOTC was in Camp Borden 3 July 1977.

July 75, Reserves, HMCS Malahat
Nov 13 1975, Reg Force, 021 Arty
Nov 15 1975, Cornwallis 7546
5 years as a Gunner, remustered to Aero Engine Tech late 80
retired Sept 08,
been in the sandbox with the Herons since Dec 08

Back