• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

when does rations/board come off your pay?

Bojangles,

The bike I moved is LONG gone.  I have a Kawasaki 454 LTD right now which is dead and needs much work to make her live again.  Planning on starting this spring when things warm up a bit.  What do you have?

My first bike was an LTD, but only a 250cc. I have 2 bikes right now but I am selling one of them. I have a 750cc Honda Interceptor (that's the one I am selling) and I ride a 650cc Yamaha V-star, custom.

Bojangles

Well, I am trying to sell my 1982 Yamaha Vision. 550 cc's, the few times I have driven it, it took off like an angel on steroids.. quite nice.. I live in Richmond Hill... if anyone is interested. The going price is 450.

QORvanweert said:
Well, I am trying to sell my 1982 Yamaha Vision. 550 cc's, the few times I have driven it, it took off like an angel on steroids.. quite nice.. I live in Richmond Hill... if anyone is interested. The going price is 450.
Not trying to be a meanie but isn't this thread kind of getting off of topic? Maybe it should move to equipment or Radio Chattter. not trying to be an ass or anything

you are right, this is getting off topic. I will go open a post in radio chatter about selling my motorcycle....

Soo... back to DESERT... mmm...

Are there brownies? I love brownies... mmm..

Awh.. no brownies for me (too much chocolate!) I prefer pies.. any pie, as long as it's a pie! hmmm...!!

Does anyone know how much you are allowed to eat on your first pass through the line.  I mean when I get in the line can I load up the plate?  So that I dont have to get back in line again.

Brownies mmm. I think that you can go back for seconds but I think that they won't let you load up on the first go. Don't quote me on that one though

The policy of single members paying for rations is in effect, a discriminatory policy.   If you are a single member you can file a grievance and you have a good chance of winning.

See http://www.cfgb-cgfc.gc.ca/casestudies-e.php?case_studyy_id=41 for a good start.  

It will be the seventh case listed on the page where the above link will bring you.   If you have any particular questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Cheers

kaspacanada said:
The policy of single members paying for rations is in effect, a discriminatory policy.  If you are a single member you can file a grievance and you have a good chance of winning.

See http://www.cfgb-cgfc.gc.ca/casestudies-e.php?case_studyy_id=41 for a good start. 

It will be the seventh case listed on the page where the above link will bring you.  If you have any particular questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Cheers

Unfortunately, all new members of the CF are sent to BMQ on Restricted Posting and not Temporary Duty so this is not applicable.

Bull_STR said:
Does anyone know how much you are allowed to eat on your first pass through the line.   I mean when I get in the line can I load up the plate?   So that I dont have to get back in line again.

You'll receive one main dish and a side dish from the mess workers (you choose which main/side, although the sandwich bar usually only has fries as a side - to get the others you'd have to get back in line at the hot entree station) - you can't control the portions they give you but they're usually pretty reasonable. You can load up at the salad bar and the leftovers bar (cold pizza, pogos, etc.) and take 1 dessert (possibly 2, we started out getting 2 but got it cut to 1). You can have 2 glasses of milk/pop/water/juice and one mug of coffee/hot chocolate/tea. If there's soup (which there usually is for lunch/dinner) you can take 1 bowl, lots of crackers, and a good sized hunk of bread.

All in all, you can get quite a bit of food on your tray in one pass at the mess line. Consider, for example:

1 steak/chicken breast/meat loaf/sandwich/wrap w/ fries & gravy
1 bowl soup
4 packages crackers
1 bowl caesar salad
1 bowl cheese cubes & veggies
1 chunk of french bread
1 plate leftovers (pogos/pizza)
2 glasses juice
1 mug hot chocolate
1 piece of pie/2 cookies/1 yogurt/1 popsicle/1 bowl ice cream

All in one go at the mess line. That's alot of food. The only problem is how much time they give you to eat it.

but back to the mane question
what is the amount off your pay?
someone said $11.00 or something?
and I'm married so what dose that change?

Dogboy said:

Mane? dose?

Don't know how much it is but if you are married you don't pay.

Dogboy said:

The ration amount deducted per month on my course was about 200.00 I think.

ok so since Im mareid i dont haver to pay room and bord

COOL!

man my wife will love to hear that

kincanucks said:
mareid

Is that what they call it Alberta?

Maybe since he does not have to pay room and board, he can buy himself spelling classes !!

Back