• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Who else has trouble...

boots

Inactive
Reaction score
I've been here about two weeks now, and I'm just dying to start new threads and get to know everyone. I quickly got the impression that it's frowned upon to post things unless you are going to 'add' to the board. That's ok, it's just not what I'm used to. Any other message board and I would have had at least 100+ posts by now. :D Not because I'm trying to up my post count, but because I just like talking. :p

So here is my pointless but harmless 'hi' thread, in the off topic place, where post count doesn't count. I'm sure that some of you can relate?

cheers.gif

Cheers, cuteboots... 
chug.gif

Now post something relevant, or shaddap..
smash.gif

J/k.. its all good...  :salute:

Boots, you are more than welcome to start new threads if you have something new to add or ask.  

FRIENDLY ADVICE TO NEW MEMBERS

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24937/post-259412.html#msg259412

Search page

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?action=search;advanced

If you at least try and educate yourself, you will be tolerated and if you establish yourself, you will be accepted.

Good luck.

cuteboots, you've got a good eye to the spirit of the forum. While we don't discourage good-natured exchanges, particularly between posters who know one another's style and orientation, we do tend to discourage those who decrease the signal-to-noise ratio without actually adding credible content.  It's an approach that has maintained an environment of credibility and reasonable tone (at least most of the time).  You will find that there are some very experienced and long-standing members with relatively low post counts; because they don't post unless they have something to add and can back it up with more than just opinion (or state that that is what they have posted), or they may even back away from a thread when they know that another experienced poster actually is 'the expert' and will respond in time.

Yes, thank you Gunner. :) I have read that thread, and between it and the search feature, it has prevented me from having to ask a lot of questions already.

RHFC_piper said:
Now post something relevant, or shaddap..
smash.gif

:p

lol Kevin

Michael: I admit that I tend to 'decrease the signal to noise ratio' as you say, but I am trying to be good here. ;)

RHFC
Something to chew on  ;)

DownloadAttach.asp

Now back off I'm flirting  ;D

Oh great, now we're going to have another game of "Name that gun newbie."

Question of the day;

In the picture above, Did Kev spend more on his glasses, or his guns?

C'mon kit monsters!!!

armyvern said:
You must be dis-oriented!! Them ain't boobs...them are pecs!!   :eek:
It has been my professional observation that just as there can be a Freudian slip when someone is talking, there is also such a thing as Freudian sight, wherein someone sees in a situation or photograph what they wish to see.  Hence, if someone looks at KevinB's pic and sees manboobs, it's because their psyche wants them to see manboobs.

I think someone other than Kevin may be flirting in this thread...

Too bad he got out, when I was single and banging a supply tech, I was the best kitted soldier in the country!!

I mean, she did her job with integrity and enthusiasm, and I recieved exactly what I was entitled to, after signing for it.  :D

GO!!! said:
supply tech
I'm pretty sure the need for the infantry soldier to 'date' supply techs has been discussed on another thread!!  :)

Who said anything about "dating"  >:D

But you're right, it's been done.

;D  Can I lighten a mood or what.

RHFCwhatever - I bagged on you for your "shut up" comment to a new poster.  I put a smilie in to and fro as well, I really could not care of getting in a internet pissing contest with you.

GO!!! -- sunglasses cost more -- IIRC everthing on that C8 was issued - Even with Oakleys mil discount those HalfWires are still spendy...

I have no access to photoshop for the next little while so some of my old ones will have to do...

DGW.jpg

Back