• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Who plays America‘s Army?

Is there any Delta Force (Novalogic) players out there? Delta Force:Task Force Dagger? Delta Force Black Hawk Down is coming out sometime in later March. I like Task Force Dagger. The multiplayer game types aren‘t bad. When squads play together, you can often see the teamwork and how it affects defence and offense. I haven‘t played America‘s Army and can‘t compare it to Delta Force.

I‘m a big fan of Ghost Too, and have the canadian skins as well. I‘ve played americas army, its good, but like we‘ve noticed, there is no teamwork in the games on the servers.

Another game that I play all the time is counterstrike, this game rocks, its light on the system resources so you don‘t need a smokin‘ computer to play it, and its very good on the multiplayer level. Lots of servers and great ping times. Check it out, you need the store bought version of half-life, but then you can download the cstrike game from practically anywhere, just type in cstrike in google and off you go.

You like Noob Strike?
Talk about no teamwork, rambo insanity and unrealistic weapons, not to mention heavy dose of cheaters.

Have any of you guys tried the Ravenshield demo? Its the third part of the Rainbow Six Series.

I had the MP demo awhile back, but screwed it up when I tried to use the armpatch editor... havn‘t bothered re-downloading it. I did pre-order my copy and I‘ll have it on the 18th.

Here‘s the website

Yeah, I‘ve been playing the Raven Shield Demo for the last week or so....I‘m looking forward to it‘s release cause I‘m getting bored with that map...

FYI, the computer game Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (DF:BHD) was just released and sent to the stores recently. I got a copy. Lots of CQB, nice graphics, and "rideable" vehicals like humvees and black hawks. You can pro and con computer games, but man, this game provides an virtual appeciation of house to house, room clearing, urban combat. I hope the Brits in Basra fair better than me in my first mission. The misson editor allows for creating various maps with standard game types. Nice looking objects. I‘d recommend it for people interested in military FPS. Some people may feel America‘s Army is better for creating team-play. The CQB nature of DF:BHD and utilizing progressive spawn points forces players into working more as a team than the earlier DF releases. Some people may feel the weapon load-out is somewhat limiting.

Looking at the system requirements for the game, only a higher end computer P4, with 256+MB of RAM, and pretty good video card will give the best visual results. Seems the older Celerons and lower end P2/P3s below 500 MHz don‘t meet the minium requirements for new games anymore.

I‘ve tried the DFBHD demo as well as the Ravenshield MP demo.

In the end I bought the full version Ravenshield and I‘m happy with my decision. The Single Player missions arn‘t nearly as fast paced as DF, but the MP is far better in my opinion. The slower nature of the SP game attracts players who‘re willing to take a bit more time and have some patience with the teamwork.

I guess it all comes down to the kind of game you‘re into. SP Ravenshield is a bit like Rollercoaster Tycoon. You spent 3/4 of your time making the plan so that the actual FPS part of the game runs nice and smooth. Get in, grab the hostages, and get out with no casualties. SP DFBHD is more like Quake 3 in Mogadishu. Flying in on the little birds is really fun, but there isnt much in the way of tactics because the mission is all layed out in front of your. the friendly AI comes pre-scripted so if you want the help of your teammates, you need to follow the plan the way the game developers intended. Don‘t get me wrong, Its great when you just want a quick fix of shooting stuff, but I generally prefer the flexability of the Rainbow Six series and the challenge of planning things myself.

Bah, screw all that other crap! ‘Operation Flashpoint‘ is the greatest game ever!

I tried the RavenShield SP demo, and it seems like a good game, but I hate all of that pre-planning. I‘m really waiting for SWAT 4, SWAT 3 was an excellent police style game, and all of the planning is done on the fly, because there isn‘t any time to draw up plans on the blueprints of a building when people‘s lives are at stake and time is in short order.

Anyways, I‘ve been playing Operation Flashpoint since November of 2001. That says alot for longevity and overall quality. That game has some of the most community friendly developers around. They actually listen to suggestions and make patches for free!

Also, has anyone played ‘Hidden & Dangerous‘? Well, H&D2 is coming out soon, and it‘s made by the guys who developed ‘Mafia‘ (another awesome game). So in short, the games that I am looking forward to most are: SWAT 4 and H&D2.

Tyler

Bedpan I would be interested in joining a canadian clan as well. The name sounds good.
Do any of you guys use ICq or MSN?

Eh, I can‘t get enough guys interested... and the guys that are interested are going to be on taskings and stuff, so unlikely that the clan can be started.

However, there are CDN clans for AA out there. Look for squad recruiting forum at www.americasarmy.com and their forums.

Back