• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Will Canada be invaded for its' water?

What if other countries put fluoride in our water ? Lets launch our b52s on those commies before it happens. :)

On the odd chance that someone is taking this seriously, the economics of transporting water (a bulky and inert substance) makes this a non starter.

It is far easier to desalinate brackish or sea water on the spot, or even "recycle" grey and black water (look those terms up), than to transport water vast distances. Even going a few hundred miles by pipeline is often fraught with difficulty. By far the best way to go is to use the market to set the supply and demand for water. Israel has both the climate and standard of living of California, but their per capita water usage is @ 1/5 of that of California. Mind you, agriculture in California (and much of the US and Canada too) is subsidized, in California to the ridiculous extent that it is possible to grow lettuce in the desert and sell it for a "profit" (as long as you don't take into account the taxpayers who are buying all the irrigation water for you). In Israel, agriculture is not subsidized to such a marked extent, so farmers use "drip irrigation" and tend to grow crops better adapted to the environment.

Now if Canadians (notorious wasters of water) paid free market prices for water, after the howls of outrage died down you would see some pretty radical adjustments to the way we use water.

Art

You missed the obvious solution to transporting water, either freeze dry or dehydrate it. That would reduce the bulk and weight considerably.

Already doing that with shrouding icebergs and then towing to a country...shroud allows controled melting once in place..

Danjanou said:
Your fantasy involves Kevin Kostner? :o :o
you are seriously disturbed. :D..have you been having these ....um...dreams long???? ;D

Old Sweat said:
You missed the obvious solution to transporting water, either freeze dry or dehydrate it. That would reduce the bulk and weight considerably.
Clearly, the solution is to boil it. The steam rises....simply bag it into a bunch of hot-air balloons, and sail it to market like a dirigible. Why, you could even sell it in its boiled state for tea-drinkers!

Sometimes I think so many smart thoughts, my brain hurts....maybe this hat needs some more tinfoil  ;)

Old Sweat said:

Many young and inexperienced soldiers have attempted to carry dehydrated water during ruck marches etc.  It works well.  All you need to re-hydrate it is to add, ummm, water.  

Haha, we could sell dehydrated water to other countries, our make a big ad campaign and then just ou directions on the bottom"just add water" we could make millions. :D

OH GOD, THAT IS IT!!!  They aren't trying to build an oil pipeline in Afghanistan, it's a WATER pipeline!!  We are being puppets of the American empire building machine that is Brita!!  And George Bush drinks water too!!  What is wrong with you people?!?!?  Wake up before it is too late!
NO BLOOD FOR WATER
NO BLOOD FOR WATER

Haggis said:
Many young and inexperienced soldiers have attempted to carry dehydrated water during ruck marches etc.  It works well.  All you need to re-hydrate it is to add, ummm, water.  

We can double our profits if we also market air.  We can can it and market it as 100% Pure Canadian Beef.... um Air.

ReadyandWilling said:
Haha, we could sell dehydrated water to other countries, our make a big ad campaign and then just ou directions on the bottom"just add water" we could make millions. :D

Naah in order to get the Fed grant money and/or export lic. We'd have to put the add water instructions in both official languages and that would eat into the profits. We could still make thousands though.

Danjanou said:
Naah in order to get the Fed grant money and/or export lic. We'd have to put the add water instructions in both official languages and that would eat into the profits. We could still make thousands though.

Would we have to market 2 types?? One organic and one standard, Toronto flavour???

Danjanou said:
We also have to worry about the diets people go on that are against drinking water, and will have to make a diet water. I dunno wheather that will boost sales or bring them down.

So, can we assume this whole GWOT thing is just a distraction, and they're going to sneak up and steal our water while we're busy over there?

Save water, drink whisky neat.

Finnaly someone has figured out the conspiracy, good work Michael. All our trrops are going to Afghanistan so that hey can coem in while our guard is down and steal or water, I bet it is the Americans, we know how much they love water. Hmm.... it appears a black suburban just pulled up outside, I wonder who it could be?

Michael O'Leary said:
So, can we assume this whole GWOT thing is just a distraction, and they're going to sneak up and steal our water while we're busy over there?

Save water, drink whisky neat.

So your saying this isn't going ahead after all...I was half-way through designing the banners....One set for Water (dehydrated and frozen) one set for Air (organic and Toronto flavour), and you guys come up with silly stuff like diet water, sheesh, ....well back to the drawing boards. This is not really a distraction....tell me so ???

ReadyandWilling said:
Finnaly someone has figured out the conspiracy, good work Michael. All our trrops are going to Afghanistan so that hey can coem in while our guard is down and steal or water, I bet it is the Americans, we know how much they love water. Hmm.... it appears a black suburban just pulled up outside, I wonder who it could be?

You're drinking something other than water, aren't you...... ;D

They can't steal my water if they can't find it with their black helicopter sensors, I better get my tin foil bucket.

Haggis said:
You're drinking something other than water, aren't you...... ;D

I wish. Today would go so much faster.
I love how this guy came up with a serious question and then got ripped apart for grammar, then we just make fun of his stupid idea now.  :D. I Love Army.ca

GAP said:
So your saying this isn't going ahead after all...I was half-way through designing the banners....One set for Water (dehydrated and frozen) one set for Air (organic and Toronto flavour), and you guys come up with silly stuff like diet water, sheesh, ....well back to the drawing boards. This is not really a distraction....tell me so ???
No, its all good, keep working on the banners. ;)

Back