• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Will Having a Cyst and Getting it Remove Make Me Inadmissible?

ChrisFreddy

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey there, I'm just wondering will having a pilonidal cyst make me inadmissible reserves? Or if I had surgery on it or got it lanced and drained, will it make me inadmissible to the reserves? Just trying to clear this up because I was looking everywhere for answers and contacting people as well, thanks a lot
-C

Edit: also for clarification it's a pilonidal cyst, its a common cyst that appears in people, other than that I have a good medical history

ChrisFreddy said:
Hey there, I'm just wondering will having a pilonidal cyst make me inadmissible reserves?

Discussed here,

Zero501 said:
I need to get my family doctor to fill out a form regarding a reoccurring pilonidal cyst I have. 

Looks like he got in, "BMQ Begins: - 04/28/2014"

As always, best to contact Recruiting.

There are other discussions about cyst removal in the Recruiting forum,

eg:
Rpatten1152 said:
However one of the things mention in my medical was a small cyst. My doctor filled out a form saying it wouldn't effect me, but that having it excised was an option. If I had it excised at the end of June I would have a month till BMQ to recover, would that be something I would be allowed to go ahead with?

Thanks there, I already saw thus post, but thing is mine is not reoccurring that's the thing
Thanks again
-C

ChrisFreddy said:
Thanks there, I already saw thus post, but thing is mine is not reoccurring that's the thing
Thanks again
-C

Did you also read this advice,

ArmyDoc said:
It depends on where the cyst is, the size, etc. Talk to your doc.

Yeppers, I'm getting it removed anyway as well that's why I asked about the surgery

ChrisFreddy said:
Yeppers, I'm getting it removed anyway as well that's why I asked about the surgery

You may get some internet medical opinions, but isn't this a question a doctor or Recruiting would be more qualified to answer?

Back