• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Winter Dress in Garrison

Sigs Pig

Inactive
Reaction score
We parade tonight and this reminder was just emailed:
"Remember, as per the SSM, winter dress is now in effect. For all parades you will wear sleeves down and wear your thermals. You may go back to sleeves up and t-shirts afterwards. I recommend you keep one set up thermals in your locker so you don't have to remember them each week."

This is only for our Unit in the building, others are sleeves down.
I have searched, but find nothing on "winter dress' for combats. Is there anything like this elsewhere?

Stay cool
ME

Sigs Pig said:
We parade tonight and this reminder was just emailed:
"Remember, as per the SSM, winter dress is now in effect. For all parades you will wear sleeves down and wear your thermals. You may go back to sleeves up and t-shirts afterwards. I recommend you keep one set up thermals in your locker so you don't have to remember them each week."

This is only for our Unit in the building, others are sleeves down.
I have searched, but find nothing on "winter dress' for combats. Is there anything like this elsewhere?

Stay cool
ME

So when you parade, you have to wear your long underwear and if you work inside, strip down to put your regular underwear on, after parade.  Being as the order is for all parades, if there is a dismissal parade at the end of the day (night), you have to change back into your long underwear?

If I have that right, that's an excellent example of fuckery that chews up valuable training time and creates morale problems. :facepalm:

My guidance is that soldiers will wear sleeves down all the time....even in summer.

What is under is your choice as long as its OD (ie tshirt/thermals).

Hamish Seggie said:
My guidance is that soldiers will wear sleeves down all the time....even in summer.

As it should be.

Hamish Seggie said:

You shall see us sweating tonight sir.

And Recceguy, we are dismissed from a classroom, so no dismissal parade, whew!

ME

Sigs Pig said:
You shall see us sweating tonight sir.

And Recceguy, we are dismissed from a classroom, so no dismissal parade, whew!

ME

You in Minto?

Back