• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Winter Kit Price? (CadPat Cover + Helmet Cover)

Xa.Ming

Inactive
Reaction score
For start, I'm former Reserves now in ROTP.
I've got the white covers for cadpat and helmet that I don't need anymore and was wondering how much I can sell them for to other Officer cadets that want them.
Does anyone know how much they cost?
They are clean issued, and didn't need to return them when Changing from reserve to Regular and I'm now in engineering.

Are you absolutely certain that they are not still on your clothing documents?

Well I've been told I have returned all the gear I needed to return at stores and was issued new kit when I came to RMC, nothing about winter kit and nobody else has them(some other reservists only have helmet covers) .

Even if they aren't on your docs, the right thing to do is wander over to clothing and hand them in, instead of trying to make a profit off of something that should have been turned in.  That whole integrity thing, right?

If Her Majesty issued it to you and due to some lackluster supply accounting practices you now find it in your possession but not on your charge it would be bad form to sell this for personal gain.  This is especially true if this items in question are still currently being issued by the Canadian Forces Supply System.

Likely not illegal, but that should not be your guiding factor in life.  Clearly of questionable integrity (doing the right thing when nobody is looking) which is an Officer Like Quality. 

Just my take.

MC

MedCorps said:
If Her Majesty issued it to you and due to some lackluster supply accounting practices you now find it in your possession but not on your charge it would be bad form to sell this for personal gain.  This is especially true if this items in question are still currently being issued by the Canadian Forces Supply System.

Likely not illegal, but that should not be your guiding factor in life.  Clearly of questionable integrity (doing the right thing when nobody is looking) which is an Officer Like Quality. 

Just my take.

MC

Not necessarily.  If he claimed them as lost and went through the MLR process then the supply accounting process acted accordingly.  Now if after the fact the kit has been found it should be returned to the CFSS for reissue to those member who actually need the kit.  Any admin action that was taken can be judged for readjustment by the members CO.

If one or your peers needs a piece of kit and you have extra give it to them. When you're missing kit they'll do the same for you.

Back