• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

wogs and kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK.  You've done it.  Now you can hit the showers.  You'll feel so much better.  ;D

Thank you Mister Wallace sir.

I will. I will shower and dress in my cadpat uniform, complete with cadpat rain gear and matterhorn boots. I will sit down at my desk at work and play on my computer all day. Tell the yourn troops of the days gone past, how life was better in Germany.
  Sitting at the North Marg drinking beer for breakfast.

Then later on I will think up ways to jack around all the combat arms types. After all thats all us WOGs do all day.

mover1 said:
Actually this..... (this is killing me to write this   , I cannot believe I am Turing into one of those guys) is already being discussed under the thread (here it goes) "supply system" maybe next time you should do a search on the subject.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/32983.0.html

Uggg I can believeI did it. I feel so dirty.
:'(

Say it ain't so!!!! Its a good thing we are on separate crews or I would have to give you a slap upside the head. So, disappointed, so very very disappointed :eek:

mover1 said:
Thank you Mister Wallace sir.

I will. I will shower and dress in my cadpat uniform, complete with cadpat rain gear and matterhorn boots. I will sit down at my desk at work and play on my computer all day. Tell the yourn troops of the days gone past, how life was better in Germany.
    Sitting at the North Marg drinking beer for breakfast.

Then later on I will think up ways to jack around all the combat arms types. After all thats all us WOGs do all day.

Yeah!   Well how will we know you are there, if you are all cammed up?   You could be out having a Coffee to the NATO standard.   We'd never be able to find you.    :eek:

;D

Franko said:
Hate to blow the cover off this one.....the CIC in the Ottawa area have been issued it since (IIRC) March of last year.
I asked the question as to why they are...to a pretty high on the food chain pers.....
He couldn't give me a straight answer.

The standards applied by clothing stores when issuing kit to CIC Officer is different form Region to Region (Eastern being notably "cheap") and Base to Base.  Air Force CIC Officers in the Mtl area can only be issued CADPAT if they are on a Class B contract but Valcartier issued it to everyone.

As Squadron CO indicated, there is a lot of interpretation as to what CIC officers are issued (regardless of element) beyond the DEU's.  I'd be surprised to see a CIC officer with CADPAT goretex, but I wouldn't rule it out.  When I was first kitted coming from PRes to the CIC I turned all my kit back into the Comms Sqn. and was re-issued every piece of kit out of ASU Toronto to the same standard as a PRes soldier.  Two years later a new CIC officer also coming from the PRes to CIC was issued only DEU's nothing else. Just the practices at the time I guess.  For those CIC out there who walk into clothing stores and demand the latest and greatest, I say slap them down because the need just isn't there, but for the majority of us we just take what we're issued.  If somone decides to pass on the gucci kit, and put it on my docs, I for one won't say no but I'm not going out of my way to ask for it.

mover1 said:
My opinion on this is that some militia plug

While this guy is clearly WAY off in the WOG comments etc, why does it always boil down to name calling? I've NEVER been referred to as a militia plug, either because I'm a good soldier, or because someone doesnt have the balls.....And technically, I are one.......I think we're getting on this guy for 'name calling' ie. WOGS, so lets just chillax here and stick to the topic?

Why would  you ever think armour would be last in line to get new kit have you not heard RCD is a recce regiment our operational tempo is extremely high and all new kit is required ...maybe you should ask before you make that kinda claim  :cdn:

HollywoodHitman said:
chillax here and stick to the topic?

Actually the topic died a long time ago. The original post was re-butted and substantiated. Then it was backed up with a link to another thread thats already discussing that.

Afterwards it was suggested to lock it up.

Now we are just waiting for the Content Police to lock her up in the vault for future reference.

Before it gets locked, could someone tell this foreigner what a "wog" is?

I've only ever heard it used by scientologists about non-followers of L. Rob Hubby's pretend-religion.
In their meaning it stands for "Worldly Oriented Gentleman".

Regards
Troels /Just asking!

WOG = With Out Guts
Its a term to insult CSS troops(LOG, EME, etc), same as REMF.

But, its dumb for a 18 year old reservist who's never been anywhere to call anyone a WOG.

And as the proverbial Fat ladys... ooops excuse me metablolically disadvantaged female, has sung consider this thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back