• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wrist Watch Recommendations - Merged Thread

yeah that fossil watch looks sweet, but is there any problem with having a silver watch?? Like sun reflections and so on?

I wouldn't recommend it for courses, once you're finished BMQ, it probably wouldn't be a problem, although, I would shy away from having such a pretty watch in the field, despite how it well it works....it's just so shiny, I'd be afraid of getting it scratched.

Nixon makes a good watch, wide velcro strap. Comes in camo, or olive green, and it's called the Recruit/Scout, cant remember which, there's also one called the footsoldier, they're expensive, but worth it. the site is www.nixonnow.com check it out if u want to

Just to point out, I never owned a watch in my life so I don't know anything about them :crybaby: . One question, is having a wider watch band better? Why?

Looking through the Ironman watchs and some are kickass, but there are too many too choose from, which one would you recommend??

Talk about indecisive.  How far do you want us to noarrow it down for you?

Ok, get the third one from the left on the bottom shelf.

If you've never had a watch, just go buy something cheap. Get used to it and you'll soon start to realise the functions you want\ need. Once you know what you want for sure, go buy it. You should have enough info by now to make this simplest of decisions. This ain't rocket science.

Here's my watch.

http://www.timex.com/bin/detail.tmx?item=753048122011

I love it because it has a built in compass. I'm not in basic yet, but I'll be afraid to scratch it. Might get a cheap one for basic.

I've had a "SWISS MILITARY" watch for some time now and am very pleased with it. Its all titanium, has a hand that can be set for a different time zone, is fashionable enough to wear at work...or good enough to wear training. It also has a date window and a 12/24 hour face.

The watch I would like for dressy occasions is the SWISS ARMY VIP which is now out of production but still available in some places.

Cheers

Slim

Trivia

When my Grandfather came back from WW1 (2nd Can Mounted Rifles) he brought back a wrist watch from the
front that was complete with a cover that had holes in it in a flower pattern. I understand that this type of watch wasn't unusual on the front.

This isn't his watch but one that is the same.

jarko said:
Just to point out, I never owned a watch in my life so I don't know anything about them :crybaby: . One question, is having a wider watch band better? Why?

Doesn't really make a difference, I just like the feel of having a wider band, it's more comfortable, and just makes it feel stronger. Just my personal preference though

I guess that entirely depends on your trade as well.  I know from experience, smaller watches in general are better, as they don't get caught on the cables and whatnot as easily as a bigger watch, but yeah, even if you have a thin watch strap, you can always go to http://www.canadianpeacekeeper.com and get the watch strap...some of the guys I know find it handy at least.

Slim said:
I've had a "SWISS MILITARY" watch for some time now and am very pleased with it. Its all titanium, has a hand that can be set for a different time zone, is fashionable enough to wear at work...or good enough to wear training. It also has a date window and a 12/24 hour face.

The watch I would like for dressy occasions is the SWISS ARMY VIP which is now out of production but still available in some places.

Cheers

Slim

Is this the one your talking about :

http://www.4-watches.com/wenger/72557.jpg

Went to a watch store and was thinking about getting this one or another titanium one that is white inside, can't find the picture.

Also saw the G-Shock but it seems too fancy and too big.

I'm starting reg force BMQ on April 5th and I do not own a watch. I usually carry my cell phone with me and it has served as a reasonable time piece. For obvious reasons, I need a watch and was hoping some fo you could point me towards a good quility robust watch that will not break (easily).
Cheers,
Morgs

Any of the timex Ironman series are good... water resistant, able to take a punch, and have 24 hour clock settings, ideal for newbies who don't get the whole subtract 12 thing.... ;D

CHIMO,  Kat

My fairly straightforward Timex watch which i wear mountain biking, climbing, running as well as my military duties has served me quite well and only cost like $ 50 so when you do destroy it, it won't break the bank.  Rule of thumb:  don't bring anything your not ready to break or lose.  Plus the timex has the back lit screen for night Ops, 12/24 hr time.  pretty much anything you need, and you can buy them at....anywhere!

PV

Kat Stevens said:
Any of the timex Ironman series are good... water resistant, able to take a punch, and have 24 hour clock settings, ideal for newbies who don't get the whole subtract 12 thing.... ;D

CHIMO,  Kat

Why subtract 12, when you could subtract 2, and drop the first digit?  ;)

Cheers,
Morgs

LOL, i think we posted that at the same time! ya, mine is an ironman...bombproof err wait, this is the CF don't take that literally.

PV

Back