• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wrist Watch Recommendations - Merged Thread

I finally broke my Ironman- Triathlon, it has lasted me a couple of years. The dial and the indigo no longer work. It still tells time though.

Sorry, 2 math functions are too much for my feeble old mind, too many aluminum mess tin meals...... :-X

CHIMO,  Kat

Each to their own... Subtracting double digits makes my brain hurt ???

I have a Timex ironman watch and so far it is indestructible. check it out.
http://www.timex.com/bin/detail.tmx?item=048148563711
I like this one because it doesn't have the plastic band or housing (metal) and the indigo only lights up the numbers (not the whole dial) so it is easy to read in the dark with out giving away your position. Mind you, it looks real shiny in the picture   ;D.   Two time zones on the watch feature is nice when you are away cause you never forget what time it is at home. Digital and analog. It ran me about $125.00 CDN.

I bought a Casio digital one with 24 hr and 12 hr on the same face! It's awesome, no math involved :) It was only 20 bucks too at Wal Mart.

I buy a Casio Pathfinder PAG40B-2V for around 150 $ ... Very strong watch, have a Barometer, an Altimetre a Thermometre and a compass...And all of them are relativly reliable. Unless if they are very big watch, they are a very good.

I have a 15+ year old stainless steel timex... still going strong.

Timex, all the way.   Cheap enough that you can buy an Ironman for the field, and then get a steel banded one for the weekends at the bar (leave the dog tags at base....).   Not that you will be seeing any of those any time soon...    :crybaby:

I personally use a Casio "Illuminator", its quite durable, has a 24 hour clock, stop watch function for all those friendly competitions you'll be challenged to by your course senior(s) on full C7 disassembly and reassembly to see who completes quicker, alarm clock, and of course a light. It cost me 45 bucks with tax, from Sears.

Noyon said:
I personally use a Casio "Illuminator", its quite durable, has a 24 hour clock, stop watch function for all those friendly competitions you'll be challenged to by your course senior(s) on full C7 disassembly and reassembly to see who completes quicker, alarm clock, and of course a light. It cost me 45 bucks with tax, from Sears.

I had one of those G-Shock watches by Casio and I broke it after the second weekend. I thought they were almost indestructible ???

go to cdn tire and buy a regular watch then buy a watch cover!

I still use the cheapo plastic one I was issued back in the early 90's. 14years and still ticking (new battery a little over a year ago, but all else is good.  Save that Timex generally makes good product as mentioned by so many others, just beware the indi-glo as it stands out even at a distance.

Bean said:
I still use the cheapo plastic one I was issued back in the early 90's. 14years and still ticking (new battery a little over a year ago, but all else is good.   Save that Timex generally makes good product as mentioned by so many others, just beware the indi-glo as it stands out even at a distance.

Loved that watch! Timex still lists it so I imagine that one could order either the black or OD from them through a retailer. IIRC, they retail for about 35 bucks, you can't go wrong there! The only modification I made to mine was to put a velcro strap on it after the old one parted, the nylon is weakly glued together. Loved that watch and can't wait to get my hands on another!

scott1nsh said:
Loved that watch! Timex still lists it.

Would you be able to send me a link, or give me the name of the watch so I could go find it myself.

Cheers,
Morgs

Ask and ye shall receive: http://www.timex.com/bin/detail.tmx?item=048148303171

There is also a watch with identical features but in black listed under "others you may like"

Cheers!
That black watch looks a little bit like those traser watches. They are incredibly expensive, anyone on here own one? Was it worth the money?

I replaced the band about a year after it was issued with a velcro band and cover from Wheelers (or whatever they were called at the time).  Still works perfectly, but I don't think they're in the system anymore.  I ahve a number of junior officers and NCM's who have ordered them seperately though and everyone I know swears by them for the field.

Back