• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your Favorite piece of Issue Gear

Grunt

Inactive
Reaction score
So whats your favorite piece of issued equpiment, and why?

I really like the Goretex Combat Jacket, it not only looks good ;D, it works well in all sorts of weather including winter, keeps you warm and dry, has optional ventilition under the arms for when you are moving, multiple pockets, and the best feature imo, it zips up into itself for storage and can be carried with the carry strap or strapped to your buttpack. 

I would have to say my most favorite peice of equipment is my ranger blanket...its doesn't seem like it will keep you warm because it is so thin, but it sure does keep you warm....

Also good for sleeping in when you dont want to mess your sheets up on course before morning inspection ;D

I would have said the ranger blanket as well, but mine was never issued...

I will have to say my Lanyard and Whistle... it was perfect for the LCF, and it was damn loud when you needed to get peoples' attention, in the mess, to rally them to go out to McVeigh's on a Friday night.

tess

Poly pro long underware.
Very warm and comfy.Exellent even for civy activities as a base layer.

Sapper24 do yo have the new thermal blanket.  Basically a ranger blanket with a zipper so you can zip it up like a  sleeping bag as well as a zippered head hole so you can wear it like a pancho.

CFL said:
accu wedge = what
Yer kiddin me , right?
accuinst.gif

CFL said:
Sapper24 do yo have the new thermal blanket.  Basically a ranger blanket with a zipper so you can zip it up like a  sleeping bag as well as a zippered head hole so you can wear it like a pancho.
no I only got the ranger blanket...the thermal blanket sounds cool though, but are they only issuing it to the reg. forces right now?

Ah.  I didn't realize it was called that. I thought it was called a who ha. Yes most useful.

My favorite kit is my bivy bag.

I like it because it can be packed down, great for those long nights in an OP when off shift.

I LOVED my old ranger blanket. I was the only guy I have ever known to own a green one (not the yank woodland one, but an actually olive drab one). the new one does keep you warm, but to me it's not as good. I want to get another, get some fastex clips and BAM got a full body ranger blanket :D
Greg

We have now been issued SOG's.
Yeoman you could always add your RB to the new thermal blanket.  They let us keep our Ranger blankets.

qor556 you know those things aren't really necessary unless your weapon is REALLY loose.  But I think I get your meaning.

CFL said:
We have now been issued SOG's.
Yeoman you could always add your RB to the new thermal blanket.  They let us keep our Ranger blankets.

didn't let us; I fought like hell, but they knew I had my ranger blanket and didn't "loose it". all the new kit we got, we were voluntold to turn it in.
I hate the sog
Greg

CFL said:
qor556 you know those things aren't really necessary unless your weapon is REALLY loose.  But I think I get your meaning.

Oh I see. Life just seems a little easier without it, I've used it with and without and it doesn't seem to make too much of a difference for me. But who's to say I haven't had much experience compared to most of you.

Back