• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your Favorite piece of Issue Gear

Mukluks are my favorite piece of issure kit. Pretty darn good. The helmets are pretty decent as well (compared to others).

Favorite issued piece of kit:

M16A2 Service Rifle
"My rifle without me is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless."  My Rifle by Major General WH Rupertus, USMC

Couldn't be true to my Marine self without saying that.

CF issued gear that I most liked:  Mosquitoe/Bug headnet.  As beekeeper dorky as that thing looked, it allowed me to have many nights of semi-decent sleep without the irritation of hearing a mosquitoe buzzing around your ear.  Wouldn't wear the thing during the day, only at night when I was sleeping.

Marine issued gear that I like the most:  Polartec 300 fleece jacket. 

Matt,

General Rupertus forgot about SAW Gunners, and GPMG Gunners ~ more accurately = â ?Your weapon is your lifeâ ?. I'm sure the General was going by the creed â ?Every Marine is a riflemanâ ?.

Favourite combination of CF Issue kit:

Hexamine Fuel Tab's + Canteen Cup Stove + Canteen Cup + Water Re-Sup + IMP.

NDHQ had to discontinue the Fuel Tab's, hadn't they! :mad:

In general, any kit that I can exchange with/sign from the QM after I've NS'ed it, or depleted it.

LOL, sure, NDHQ discontinued the fuel tabs, but they're still available if you know where to look. ;) Most QMs probably have a stash of the things in some back corner, or you can go to a surplus place for 'em.

One thing that I really like is my 2 quart water canteen ;D its really nice for recce guys(excluding me im not qualifited yet). Its really nice because when u drink 1/2 of the canteen ur can squeeze out all of the air so it does not shake around and make lots of nice that might give u away to the enemy.

Ralph Wigum said:
One thing that I really like is my 2 quart water canteen ;D its really nice for recce guys(excluding me im not qualifited yet). Its really nice because when u drink 1/2 of the canteen ur can squeeze out all of the air so it does not shake around and make lots of nice that might give u away to the enemy.

I guess you haven't gotten with the 'revolution in hydration affairs' aka Camelbak...lol

I get a kick out of these "I've got to be careful of my noise discipline"  posts. 
Son,  if the enemy is close enough to hear the water in your canteen sloshing, that's the least of your problems.

Matt_Fisher said:
I guess you haven't gotten with the 'revolution in hydration affairs' aka Camelbak...lol

I get a kick out of these "I've got to be careful of my noise discipline"   posts.  
Son,   if the enemy is close enough to hear the water in your canteen sloshing, that's the least of your problems.

I do have a camelbak which i had to buy my self and it works really good for riding in the iltis. I would be really nice if CF issused camelbacks but they dont which sucks. :(

Favorite piece of Issue gear????

That would be my Ranger cap badge   ;D

Though I had to buy it myself, The British Combat Sweater...by far one of the warmest pieces of kit I have

Farmboy said:
Favorite piece of Issue gear????

That would be my Ranger cap badge  ;D
Ranger cap badge? well, obviously it is a cap badge but what does it look like?

KevinB said:
Bivy bag - the original one that are REAL GOR-TEX - not the new Mustang safety "reasonable" handdrawn faximile of gortex.

The only issue piece of kit I think I actually use...   ;D

Out of curiosity, how can you tell the difference? Mine doesn't say Goretex on it anywhere, but it also doesn't say Mustang on it...

I love the gortex jacket too, made a nice pillow on BMQ :) I'm also a huge fan of the balaclava too, beats the neck gaiter as it always slides down haha.

Crisco said:
I love the gortex jacket too, made a nice pillow on BMQ :)

I will have to disagree with you on this one. it may make a good pillow but as a combat jacket it blows, very poorly designed and not very practical for dismounted infantry operations.

dangerboy said:
I will have to disagree with you on this one. it may make a good pillow but as a combat jacket it blows, very poorly designed and not very practical for dismounted infantry operations.

Your right too but the thing is that if they made it any less it wouldn't be suitable for 3 seasons. Gotta give alittle to get a little. But yeah if I could change something about it, I would make it less puffy. If your wearing it in an environment were less insulation would make it to cold you should be wearing your parka anyways :) Second fav peice of kit is the would have to be the new MK IIII boots, once molded to your feet with some right insoles.. heaven.. :) Also water resistance, bye bye gortex haha.

Crisco, they are not Mk IV boots.  They are boots, general purpose.

I really miss the first gen Goretex jacket.  They had the pocket on the left sleeve, therefore making it accessible to most right handed people.  Not sure why they changed it?

My favourite piece of gear.. hmm.. tough one.  Issued?  That'll be even tougher...

Wait out.

Back