• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

Rockets go up....
... and down.

There's still 21 days for the hard right SoCons and fringe parties to sink O'Toole's chances.

The Libs have yet to fire most of their platform's large-calibre silver bullets yet.

They are waiting to print more money until they can make more spending promises. Machine must be broken.

Rockets go up....
... and down.

There's still 21 days for the hard right SoCons and fringe parties to sink O'Toole's chances.

The Libs have yet to fire most of their platform's large-calibre silver bullets yet.
I imagine a couple of big silver bullets might be:

1. UBI (free money!)
2. Forgiveness of student debt (someone else pays your bills!)

That ought to capture a sizeable portion of the 18-32 crowd and the 65+ crowd.

Heh, heh, heh ....
Two First Nations leaders from Manitoba endorsed a Liberal candidate running in the province's north while standing next to NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh at a campaign event.

Singh and two NDP candidates seeking re-election met with Manitoba First Nations leaders in Winnipeg last week to discuss some of the pressing issues facing Indigenous communities like housing and mental health.

While the chiefs said they were thankful Singh and his team organized this tête-à-tête during a busy election campaign — they said they would be backing Liberal candidate Shirley Robinson over NDP incumbent Niki Ashton in the Churchill–Keewatinook Aski race because they want more Indigenous voices in Canada's Parliament ...

More on how housing won’t get fixed until municipalities fundamentally change their ways, and why that won’t happen anytime soon (zoning, home-owners vote overwhelmingly in municipal elections, lack of federal leverage, etc.).

Rockets go up....
... and down.

This. And post labour day is when most voters will start paying attention.
O’toole is running a great campaign but his underlings could spoil it. Hopefully not.

None of which is illegal. But it does look bad if housing is an issue the LPC wants to push.

If you're a wealthy politician (especially a Liberal one) it's cool to own or have flipped multiple properties. It's just being business savvy. On the other hand, if you've worked your entire life just to buy (and perhaps one day, pay off) your principal residence, you're an oppressor and deserve to be demonized.

I wonder if the Liberals are now desperate enough to use False Flag activities?
Not according to this (full text also attached IAW the Fair Dealing provisions of Canada's Copyright Act) ....
A loose network of COVID-19 vaccine and lockdown protesters is using digital tools to make the federal election campaign one of the most vitriolic in recent memory, congregating in encrypted chats to track Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau's whereabouts and organize disruptions of his public events.

The protesters are posting the schedule for Trudeau’s public events the night before, including the addresses and times of his campaign events. In one chat, a member suggested that they received the itineraries from “a media person.” Another well-known GTA anti-lockdown protester bragged that he’s been sharing Trudeau’s itinerary online.

The Star has been monitoring a group with more than 500 members, which uses the encrypted messaging app Telegram, since Saturday — the morning after dozens of angry protesters prompted Trudeau to cancel a campaign rally in the village of Bolton, Ont.

The group is not explicitly partisan. While its chat is filled with expletive-laced rants against the Liberal leader, its members also criticize Premier Doug Ford over vaccination passports and Education Minister Stephen Lecce over back-to-school rules ...
Also, this from The Canadian Press (text also attached)
... protesters appear to be mobilizing through social media, including Facebook groups such as “ Ontario Protests and Freedom to Assemble Information Page.”

The purported “administrator” of that page is a Barrie, Ont., woman who posted a message Friday detailing the time and location of Trudeau’s Bolton event and inquiring whether anyone was “going to heckle” him.

Zelda Orser said in an interview Saturday that her role was strictly to post a screenshot of a notice that had been posted elsewhere on social media about the Bolton event. She said she has been administrating the Ontario protest page temporarily because the originator, Naz Obredor, was banned by Facebook for 30 days. The page, she said, is intended to simply inform people about various protests over pandemic restrictions.

She said the page is not intended to be partisan.

“I didn’t attend (the Bolton event). I didn’t organize it … If people want to go and act like idiots, that’s on them,” Orser said.

One Facebook comment, a screenshot of which was posted to Twitter, wondered whether someone was going to punch Trudeau in his “communist face.” ...

Attachments

• thestar.com-Whos behind the Justin Trudeau protests This Newmarket mom is among the influencer...pdf
    103.7 KB · Views: 0
  • toronto.citynews.ca-OToole Singh denounce aggressive protesters dogging Trudeau campaign.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
I wonder what the CTF think of the PPC's promise to balance the books within their first mandate?
I don’t know. To be honest with all their spending promises and not much to show for as to how they would achieve it i suspect the CTF isn’t buying it.

It won't fly well with people that have been priced out of the housing market by people like him.
I said as much, it doesn’t look good if housing is an LPC center piece. Doesn’t change the fact that the guy did nothing wrong.

There is also a lot of problems with the house flipping rule the liberals want to bring in. A lot of people buy homes as a couple and split up before a year is up. They would be penalized. What about CAF members that might get posted within a year of them buying a home?

probably a few more examples and not too many details on how that would work.

Back