• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Space Force’s new service dress and PT uniforms have landed

Attachments

• 2318.jpg
    2318.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 17
Well, those uniforms made Jim Lahey almost look sober, so there must be something good about them.

What, no black tie? :)

Starship-Troopers-1997-18.jpg

Wowa. Hold up. Hoolllldddd uuuppp…

A uniform that is a solid 85-90% copy of Battlestar Galactica, and a badge that is a solid 85-90% Star Trek?

I think I’m offended? I’m not sure yet. My brain is still just trying to grasp all of this 😉

Wait until you see the "Darth Vader" Battle Masks they'll have to wear.

And all of this has happened before, and will happen again.

Do their sergeant majors carry space sticks?
Do I still HAVE to march across the parade square? How do I march in zero G? If I have a chit for a leg injury, can I just float across it?

Do my sheets still have to be pulled tight and crisp, with that little triangle thingy on the bottom corners?

How do I keep my locker looking the way the Pringles guy wants if my stuff keeps floating away? (Sorry, I meant sergeant major. Not pringles guy. I STILL get them mixed up after all these years…)

Wait until you see the "Darth Vader" Battle Masks they'll have to wear.
Well Space Force is sounding pretty fun so far!

Can we quickly develop AI powered, humanoid beings to assist us - but call them Cylons instead of Loyal Wingman?

At this rate we might as well give them Babylon 5 style personal weapons… we might not be able to defeat the alien hordes, but we’ll give them a good laugh before they turn us to ashes.

Heck I’m in.

What, no black tie? :)

Starship-Troopers-1997-18.jpg
One of the comments in a related Reddit thread suggested that the colours (really dark blue and mid-gray) were picked so it didn’t look like…ahem…the ones that those uniforms were based off.

Wowa. Hold up. Hoolllldddd uuuppp…

A uniform that is a solid 85-90% copy of Battlestar Galactica, and a badge that is a solid 85-90% Star Trek?

I think I’m offended? I’m not sure yet. My brain is still just trying to grasp all of this 😉
So say we all.

I think they waited to release the details of this uniform until they had finished filming the second season of Netflix's "Space Force". This rig was tailor made (pun intended) to be made fun of.

Back