• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Things CAF and Covid/ Covid Vaccine [merged]

Maybe it's just the overlap between anti-vaxx and general pain in the asses is strong. Fighting city hall is only worth it when the individual isn't a soup sandwhich.
Yeah, I wasn’t going to point it out because my source was Reddit, but the general rumble I’ve been hearing is that many were already that 10% that consumes 90% of your time.

I've read a few articles about US service mbrs arguing religious grounds, something to do with stem cells or fetus's to do with creating the vaccines. No idea if they were supported or not.
Given there is a non-negligeable number of vaccines with stem cells (Hep A, varicella for example), for that argument to be considered, I think the individual would have to make the case that their reservations wrt stem cells in vaccines is not new from 12 months ago…

Given there is a non-negligeable number of vaccines with stem cells (Hep A, varicella for example), for that argument to be considered, I think the individual would have to make the case that their reservations wrt stem cells in vaccines is not new from 12 months ago…
Tylenol and Ibuprofen used fetal cell lines in development too, plus a lot of other over the counter meds. Of all the claims I’ve seen, the ‘fetal cells’ objection is one I put close to the least stock in.

Looks like the US Navy is playing a NOPE card.

Federal hearing begins in Navy SEALs challenge to Defense Department’s vaccine mandate
The lawsuit states the service members are unable to receive any of the vaccines due to what they believe and understand is a connection between the vaccines and their testing, development, or production using aborted fetal cell lines.

Navy Does Not Approve Any Religious Exemptions as COVID-19 Vaccine Deadline Passes

Absolutely. I'm certain it happens all the time for a variety of reasons.

Babish88 since you're using the conversation of a MO as a source would you mind sharing it?
Oh would that convince you? Or are you just looking to dox me?
There's no convincing you, "it's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled"

The MO stating that your position is absolutely wrong, actually came up when I asked why did I hear on the radio that morning, the host say "if we can get everyone jabbed then we can eliminate this thing" to which he said no medical professional believes that etc.

I wish I asked him why that's not fake news that gets censored, because it's obviously fooled a great number of people here.

Not sure where you get the impression that literally anyone here thinks COVID will be completely eliminated, so you’ve revived a thread to tilt at windmills. I’ve not seen anyone on this forum express those views. If you read through this and other COVID threads, you’ll come to see that.

If you aren’t vaccinated and aren’t willing to be, that’s completey your right. I’m sure you’ll find other gainful employment opportunities elsewhere if you’re one of the CAF members in this position.
See the guy who I'm replying to above, he is so convinced of the lie that he's pretending to want to hear the MO say a simple true fact.

In reading more of the replies here, you people are..evil.
You seem to get a rise out of seeing your fellow soldiers lose their jobs and not qualify for EI, probably not get another job etc.
I thought Reddit was bad, but I see the keyboard warriors are here too.

When the military screws you over one day, your actions and rhetoric against your fellow brothers in arms will be rememebered.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Oh would that convince you?
I was convinced the conversation with you would go a certain ditection; I wasn't wrong.

Or are you just looking to dox me?
You sound like you have a lot of secrets.

There's no convincing you

The MO stating that your position is absolutely wrong
You have no idea what my position is, but I'll tell you. I don't think you or your MO were wrong about it going away.

actually came up when I asked why did I hear on the radio that morning, the host say "if we can get everyone jabbed then we can eliminate this thing" to which he said no medical professional believes that etc.
So you were chatting with the base surgeon and recording the conversation.

Do you record all your conversations or just with the base surgeon?

I wish I asked him why that's not fake news that gets censored, because it's obviously fooled a great number of people here.
Ask him the next time you're talking with him.

See the guy who I'm replying to above, he is so convinced of the lie that he's pretending to want to hear the MO say a simple true fact.

The base surgeon who was speaking on behalf of all medical professionals.

Guessing no to hearing your proof.

Is it already time to break out the bingo card?
Keyboard warriors, sheep, sheeple, wake up, cuck, do your own research.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
If you tape the words if your enemies it would be easier to remember.

Oh would that convince you? Or are you just looking to dox me?
There's no convincing you, "it's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled"

The MO stating that your position is absolutely wrong, actually came up when I asked why did I hear on the radio that morning, the host say "if we can get everyone jabbed then we can eliminate this thing" to which he said no medical professional believes that etc.

In reading more of the replies here, you people are..evil.
You seem to get a rise out of seeing your fellow soldiers lose their jobs and not qualify for EI, probably not get another job etc.

When the military screws you over one day, your actions and rhetoric against your fellow brothers in arms will be rememebered.

The COVID vaccine may not eradicate COVID-19 (nobody said this), but it will go a long way into making it endemic. Empirical data also points to the vaccine making symptoms of COVID-19 much subdued when compared to non-vaccinated people.

The CAF (and you) need to do your part in getting COVID to a level that allows us to resume normal lives. It also makes sense the CAF is trying to reduce the effects on COVID-19 on infected people (you know, to maintain a readiness posture).

Did you also throw a fit when you were “forced” to take all the vaccines during basic’s needle parade?

Frankly the government is taking the wrong approach here. Instead of emphasis on the co consequences, we really need a public awareness blitz. Get out there, get in malls, talk shows with doctors and experts, answer the questions. The only way we will combat misinformation is with facts and proper counters. We are failing there, and it just feeds the anti Vax, and vaccine hesitate camps more.
The govt has been doing that since Mar 2020. I'm not sure how much more aware people can be.

Thing is that people forget that science, especially with a dynamic thing such as Covid, isn't a direct line from discovery to perfect answers. There will be hypotheses that turn out to be wrong, and answers that we thought were right due to the info at the time but turned out to be wrong. The "back and forth" with masks, vaccines, etc is all part of that.

The problem is that the anti-vax and hesitant folks see those failed "answers" as proof that the govt is lying or that there is some "plandemic", rather than the medical folks learning more about the virus and amending recommendations based on it.

My MO said your MO is wrong.

Not saying the system is perfect (we need to compensate people fairly when they work at a level higher than they are supposed to, which we don’t do enough and the level of approval is far too high) but it is not on the brink of collapse yet.

Keeping unvaccinated folks that can’t travel just put further strain on the system.

With this mandate we are also denying 20% of the population from joining in the first place. I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel with our manning levels going forward. Removing this mandate isn't going to solve anything, but it's only adding fuel to the fire. The CAF and country does an excellent job of finding different ways to lose people in the ranks, not so much to recruit and retain them.

The one person I know that's not vaccinated and getting released knew all the consequences and made a personal decision. They are more afraid of the vaccine than losing their paycheque. Not qualifying for EI or getting another job is a personal choice they made. I don't think anyone supports the vaccine mandate, nor have I ever heard anyone celebrating it. It's stupid however the decisions were made at the government level, lamenting about it forever doesn't change anything.

With this mandate we are also denying 20% of the population from joining in the first place. I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel with our manning levels going forward. Removing this mandate isn't going to solve anything, but it's only adding fuel to the fire. The CAF and country does an excellent job of finding different ways to lose people in the ranks, not so much to recruit and retain them.
Is it 20% of the total population or 20% of the eligible population that joint to begin with.

Not everyone is a citizen. Not everyone meets the educational requirements and not everyone meets the terms for universality of service.

So you have to get into the weeds of those numbers. You can’t just say we are excluding 20% of the population with this mandate because that statement is not true.

With this mandate we are also denying 20% of the population from joining in the first place.
20% of the population who we would spend time and scant resources on who wouldn't be deployable right out of the starting gate.

There's a really good movie on Netflix now called "Don't Look Up" that really puts our current world and all these arguments into great perspective. Basically they discover that a comet is going to hit the earth in about 6 months and everyone wastes the whole 6 months arguing whether it's real or not.

There's a really good movie on Netflix now called "Don't Look Up" that really puts our current world and all these arguments into great perspective. Basically they discover that a comet is going to hit the earth in about 6 months and everyone wastes the whole 6 months arguing whether it's real or not.
Watched it last night. “Don’t look up slogan” lol. The comet is in the sky and one side says to exercise your freedom and don’t look up. Priceless.

And blaming the astronomer who found the comet because her name is on the comet.

Are we though? People with a medical exemption won't meet the CAF medical standards anyway, and anyone else would be effectively un-deployable (as most countries require you to be vaccinated to travel).

Similarly some of the admin burdens in the CAF are already a net loss so they aren't really the ones we need to retain (that small % that you spend all your time on ensuring they don't something on fire or hurt themselves).

We do need to do a lot better at recruiting and retention, but needs to be the right people. Someone who can't leave the country is going to be a problem for employment, so maybe you can work around it for someone already trained, but otherwise it's a huge investment for nothing.

Not sure about anyone else, but know a few dozen people that got COVID over the holidays, but because they are vaccinated, so far no significant issues. 90% of the hospitalizations/deaths are among the unvacced/not fully vacced, despite being the minority of the population, so impossible to credibly argue that the vaccine isn't effective. But you know, muh freedums!

Back