• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Replacing the Subs

When describing submarines to Infantry ;)

335611319_3482536381957739_4105939275100224726_n.jpg
Fucking excuse me I read The Hunt For Red October and many other Tom Clancy books.....oops I just admitted I can read.... ;)

Clancy’s books went downhill once Ryan became President.
I disagree, Executive Orders and Bear & the Dragon are right up there for me, probably battling Clear and Present Danger for tops in the Ryan focused books. After that though... I couldn't name a single title.

I disagree, Executive Orders and Bear & the Dragon are right up there for me, probably battling Clear and Present Danger for tops in the Ryan focused books. After that though... I couldn't name a single title.
Most books after that are ghost written or co-authored.

They just used his name.

But the most interesting part is he wrote Hunt for Red October researching open source material before the internet. Going to the library etc. Janes was an expensive book to buy.

If you’re interested in nuc boat stuff, try this one:

A bit older of course, but pretty decent actually. It also touches on the RN nuc program pre-Astute class (very good boats, from my limited experience flying on them on Ex and working with them non-ex).

This one is okay as well. The scenario isn’t far fetched as it might have been back then…

My favourite Clancy books; Red Storm Rising and Cardinal of the Kremlin.

If you’re interested in nuc boat stuff, try this one:

A bit older of course, but pretty decent actually. It also touches on the RN nuc program pre-Astute class (very good boats, from my limited experience flying on them on Ex and working with them non-ex).

This one is okay as well. The scenario isn’t far fetched as it might have been back then…

My favourite Clancy books; Red Storm Rising and Cardinal of the Kremlin.
I bought the first one - great primer for submarine warfare.

Harpoon the war game was the basis for Red Storm Rising. Awesome fun game where one could command a carrier group. Very cool shit.

Adding: Clancy said that USN SSN Captains are very good but the best were the Brits - it seems even Americans dreaded them, and lets not forget our own Oberon Class sub commanders who apparently were very good as well.

Adding: Clancy said that USN SSN Captains are very good but the best were the Brits - it seems even Americans dreaded them, and lets not forget our own Oberon Class sub commanders who apparently were very good as well.

It was interesting how the USN and RN trained and selected Skippers (at least back then).

There is a 4 part series of a Perisher course on YouTube you might enjoy if you’ve never seen it before:

Back