• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Everything KeLouJoH knows [Split from other threads]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't need a medical background to know that pregnancy is a normal thing.

Now may I inquire your reasoning as to why pregnancy is a disease?
It is a medical condition. That's not a debate.

That you conflate "condition" with "disease" does not speak highly of your intellect.

It is a medical condition. That's not a debate.
What is your definition of "condition", sir?

That you conflate "condition" with "disease" does not speak highly of your intellect.
Indeed I conflate them, and it's because I don't have a medical background. You sir on the other hand, felt the need to insult me for it because this exchange hurts your feelings.

What is your definition of "condition", sir?

First hit on Google for "medical condition vs disease"

I guess you are too blind to see that he called me stupid for no apparent reason.
You’re living up to that assessment and I trust his far more than I trust you. You’ve been on this site since coffee break so sum up.

In other words, you defend someone who just attacked another poster for no apparent reason. This is how you roll.

Yes I am new. What's your point?
My point is you think you know it all and you don’t. None of us do. And you come off as arrogant
You’re going on ignore . And I’m guessing the mods will give you a talking to. Bye bye.?

Right. You have a nice time on here. You haven’t got much time left so hurl insults all you want.
Funny you should say that, it wasn't me who started with the insults.

Btw, you called me stupid too when I didn't say anything like that to you at all.

No it's not. Look up a textbook on human pathology, and you will not find pregnancy listed there.
Given what I do for a living, I don't need to look in textbook on pathology - I'd look in textbook of general medicine, in the section on obstetrics. Many conditions are normal...some like pregnancy are normal until they're not normal. Pregnancy can and does kill women...have a case waiting a medevac right now of their pregnancy causing them harm.

Given what I do for a living, I don't need to look in textbook on pathology - I'd look in textbook of general medicine, in the section on obstetrics. Many conditions are normal...some like pregnancy are normal until they're not normal. Pregnancy can and does kill women...have a case waiting a medevac right now of their pregnancy causing them harm.
Then you should know that pregnancy is only a condition when it's, well, abnormal. For the insurance company to treat his wife's pregnancy as a condition by default, they are in the wrong.

All that to say, in my view, we should pull out of the UN, abandon the agreements on climate, arms, immigration, etc. We should not be ceding our sovereignty to their ridiculous, non binding articles and programs. If I were the US, I'd sell the building and send them packing.
Couldn't have said it better, sir.

My humble opinion: we should pass laws that prohibit big money from buying news agencies, and reduce the influence by businesses who run ads on news papers/news programs. Capital has too much undue influence on this vital institution of our society. News should be charged with informing the populace. Making it answerable to corporations and businesses does not serve this end well. Newspapers...etc should be made to entirely depend on viewer subscriptions for survival. This way, they might be more inclined to show the kind of reporting that the masses want and need.

I remember when I was in high school roughly 30 years ago, LGBTQ (or however it's spelled) wasn't a thing at all. Today's kids have to deal with this radical gender nonsense, I feel bad for them.

Exact same thing during covid lock downs. If you questioned anything the government was doing you were labeled anti vaxer, extremist, anti science. Etc.

Certain people In this country has done everything they can to shut down debates.
You are exactly right, sir.

Even though his assessment is wrong? You also believe that pregnancy is a condition by default?
It isn’t wrong, it’s correct. He’s a trained medical professional, you are not, and yet here you are trying to tell otherwise. You also keep saying that others have called you stupid and yet you haven’t been able to provide a single quote where any forum member called you stupid. Some mentioned that your words led them to question your intellect, but that is a factual process, not an ad hominem attack.

Perhaps take the recent interactions here as a learning moment, and absorb the elements of the discourse, that being that a health insurance provider used the textbook definition of a pre-existing medical condition to deny someone coverage. That is a separate thing from whether you think that was right of the insurance company. Trying to argue that what the company did was legally/factually wrong versus morally wrong is misplaced effort. This is what many, perhaps even most here would describe as a “Don't hate the player, hate the game” situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back