• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Everything KeLouJoH knows [Split from other threads]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn’t wrong, it’s correct. He’s a trained medical professional, you are not, and yet here you are trying to tell otherwise.
I'd say I am right and he is wrong, despite the fact he's a medical professional, for we are not talking about matters of science, we are talking about matters of definition. He says that pregnancy can go wrong, therefore it's automatically a condition. I say that is wrong, because pregnancy can also go right (as in, not abnormal), and it is because of this, we cannot regard it as a condition by default.

Here I am using the word condition interchangeably with disease. Like dapaterson pointed out, there is a difference, however I do not know the difference seeing as how I am a layperson.

You also keep saying that others have called you stupid and yet you haven’t been able to provide a single quote where any forum member called you stupid.
They did not exactly call me stupid per se, however they did insult me. First dapaterson implied I have low intellect, which is a personal attack, then Oldsoldeur agreed with him. These people attacked me personally, and all for no apparent reason, and yet here you are defending their actions by saying, "well, technically nobody called you stupid".

Some mentioned that your words led them to question your intellect, but that is a factual process, not an ad hominem attack.
So If I think someone's words led me to think he's stupid, I can also say it out loud, and it won't be regarded as a personal attack?

My humble opinion: we should pass laws that prohibit big money from buying news agencies, and reduce the influence by businesses who run ads on news papers/news programs. Capital has too much undue influence on this vital institution of our society. News should be charged with informing the populace. Making it answerable to corporations and businesses does not serve this end well. Newspapers...etc should be made to entirely depend on viewer subscriptions for survival. This way, they might be more inclined to show the kind of reporting that the masses want and need.
Hard no on that. News outlets, except for public broadcasters, are private businesses. Proper journalism, especially investigative journalism, requires a lot of money. It’s not something that can be on the cheap. The reason that journalism has gone downhill is the advertising model has changed and newspapers and broadcasters are not getting the advertising they used to and as a result are either shutting down newsrooms or the ones that remain are a fraction of what they used to be. CBC is a special case in that it is funded by billions of taxpayer dollars but also competes for a dwindling number of advertisers against private media. This is not right. It should either live on its government funding, or lose its subsidies if it wants advertising.

Restricting capital to private media will only hasten its demise. You will see more smaller outlets that just do opinion. Opinion journalism costs nothing compared to investigating corruption at city hall, the Legislature or Parliament.

Hard no on that. News outlets, except for public broadcasters, are private businesses. Proper journalism, especially investigative journalism, requires a lot of money. It’s not something that can be on the cheap. The reason that journalism has gone downhill is the advertising model has changed and newspapers and broadcasters are not getting the advertising they used to and as a result are either shutting down newsrooms or the ones that remain are a fraction of what they used to be. CBC is a special case in that it is funded by billions of taxpayer dollars but also competes for a dwindling number of advertisers against private media. This is not right. It should either live on its government funding, or lose its subsidies if it wants advertising.

Restricting capital to private media will only hasten its demise. You will see more smaller outlets that just do opinion. Opinion journalism costs nothing compared to investigating corruption at city hall, the Legislature or Parliament.
Interesting thought, sir.

So how can we prevent the very wealthy from buying up all our newspapers and TV stations? The main thing I am concerned about is wealthy people buying up every vital institution of our society and thus shaping the public discourse.

I remember when I was in high school roughly 30 years ago, LGBTQ (or however it's spelled) wasn't a thing at all. Today's kids have to deal with this radical gender nonsense, I feel bad for them.
You didn't have to deal with it.

The queer kids did. They dealt with it by keeping their heads down, living in fear, getting beat up, and a good portion of them killed themselves.
Sorry the straight assholes are having a hard time with a changing world view.
Actually I'm not sorry. Hopefully they suffer just a portion of what others did. No, actually more, because what they did was willful.

it does not matter how careful you are, your one hit away from dead, always.
Really? Are they really that deadly? I thought the hard drugs work by gradually making one addicted. If they make you drop dead in one hit, then it's an incredibly serious health concern.

Interesting thought, sir.

So how can we prevent the very wealthy from buying up all our newspapers and TV stations? The main thing I am concerned about is wealthy people buying up every vital institution of our society and thus shaping the public discourse.
Stop buying their product. Don't buy their magazines, papers, stop watching their programs. You cancel them, like they cancel us. Like Budwieser.

Is wiping your ass with clothing from dead people some kind alt-right wing racist statement? Or just someone not ordering enough toilet paper?

Pretty unhygienic if you ask me.
I don't know about hygiene, I think that as long as you wash the cloth every day, it should be fine.

Using cloth instead of toilet paper saves the environment and is easy on your wallet. Personally I try to shift away from toilet paper. Saving the trees and all that.

Alleged CAF Rusty says he is an engineer who was on a DART deployment to Nepal. How many guys are that, 25 to 30 max? Should take no time at all to figure out who that is.
What is CAF Rusty?

Also, if you guys are talking about an online figure, saying things like how "it shouldn't be hard to figure out who that is" sounds like you want to doxx them. No offense.

I'd say I am right and he is wrong, despite the fact he's a medical professional, for we are not talking about matters of science, we are talking about matters of definition. He says that pregnancy can go wrong, therefore it's automatically a condition. I say that is wrong, because pregnancy can also go right (as in, not abnormal), and it is because of this, we cannot regard it as a condition by default.

Here I am using the word condition interchangeably with disease. Like dapaterson pointed out, there is a difference, however I do not know the difference seeing as how I am a layperson.

They did not exactly call me stupid per se, however they did insult me. First dapaterson implied I have low intellect, which is a personal attack, then Oldsoldeur agreed with him. These people attacked me personally, and all for no apparent reason, and yet here you are defending their actions by saying, "well, technically nobody called you stupid".

So If I think someone's words led me to think he's stupid, I can also say it out loud, and it won't be regarded as a personal attack?
No, because you are the only one, and you called yourself stupid.

And stay out of my PM box.

I don't know about hygiene, I think that as long as you wash the cloth every day, it should be fine.

Using cloth instead of toilet paper saves the environment and is easy on your wallet. Personally I try to shift away from toilet paper. Saving the trees and all that.
Now you're dredging up posts from 2019 and adding nothing of significance to the conversation. You didn't really pay the slightest bit of attention to my messages to you, other then complaining "it was those other guys".
The ramp is open.....

Now you're dredging up posts from 2019
Well sir, I was looking at threads on the second page. And it's true that I didn't pay attention to the date, and that's because I generally don't. I just saw something that interested me, and I responded.

and adding nothing of significance to the conversation.
Why is my post "nothing of significance"? I am still contributing to the discussion, just not in a way that you would have liked.

You didn't really pay the slightest bit of attention to my messages to you, other then complaining "it was those other guys".
Well, I already said in my latest message to you that I will try and be more polite in the future. What more do you want from me?

The ramp is open.....
What does this mean, sir?

No apparently you don't. Carry around a rag covered in shit, until you wash it? WTF is wrong with you?. Bog roll is biodegradable, easy......and clean, to carry and can be made with other than trees.

No apparently you don't. Carry around a rag covered in shit, until you wash it? WTF is wrong with you?. Bog roll is biodegradable, easy......and clean, to carry and can be made with other than trees.
If the cloth is covered in poop, yes it has to be washed after every use. However, if it's the other stuff, you can get away with washing once a day. I say this because I have personal experience.

If the cloth is covered in poop, yes it has to be washed after every use. However, if it's the other stuff, you can get away with washing once a day. I say this because I have personal experience.
And what water do you intend to use? Washing a shit rag and then your hands and anything else you touched takes a lot of water. More than you want to carry. Especially if you've gotten the shits from lousy hygiene. What's this other stuff you're talking about?

You're talking to professionals here. Some that have extensive knowledge from living in semi primitive locations for extended periods. Don't piss on their back and tell them it's raining. They don't take psuedoadvice from ignorant neophytes lightly.

Despite challenging trained medical staff in other threads, you admit not being a trained PMed,

I don't know about ...

Agreed. Your 59 posts have clearly demonstrated what you do not know. Read more, post less.

This is off topic and circling the drain.

Dude, just take the “L” and move on….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back