• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Centurion tank

Oh interesting I thought the Javelin or Blowpipe was used inside the M113 from the air sentry hatch, we didn't really use either system all that much?
 
Oh interesting I thought the Javelin or Blowpipe was used inside the M113 from the air sentry hatch, we didn't really use either system all that much?
We used both systems quite a lot; just from the 5/4.

In the 70s two regular force regiments had one air defence battery each with Blowpipe and one regiment had a troop of them plus there were two air defence batteries in Germany with Boffins and Blowpipes. Later that changed to an air defence regiment in Germany with ADATS and Javelin plus two reserve force air defence regiments and an additional air defence battery in Canada with Javelin. The only AD weapon using the M113 chassis was the ADATs.

🍻
 
Here's a mock up of my colors, Custom green with XF-62 and XF-59, XF-65 Field Grey for the darker green, and XF-69 NATO Black for the black. edit it's not posting the updated pic my bad, colors above are basically what's in the camoflauge
 
Or were AVGP best represented in NATO 3 color?
I think you are overthinking this.

I have watched vehicle techs paint vehicles. Lets just say the official colour scheme was a “guideline”. And then once the vehicle sat in the weather for a while or got introduced to Gagetown mud, the colours would change again.

TL;DR- no two army vehicles ever looked the same.
 
I think you are overthinking this.

I have watched vehicle techs paint vehicles. Lets just say the official colour scheme was a “guideline”. And then once the vehicle sat in the weather for a while or got introduced to Gagetown mud, the colours would change again.

TL;DR- no two army vehicles ever looked the same.
thats a good point actually, i was just curious because the AVGP seems to be the only vehicle represented in a different color scheme than Canada 3 color or NATO 3 color, im waiting on my RC M113 to get here so im just trying to paint my 1/35 Cougar and Husky to get some practice in
 
i was also reading that we didnt start airbrushing our vehicles until the mid 80s, and brush painting would also be acceptable (i dont own an air brush yet sadly)
 
i was also reading that we didnt start airbrushing our vehicles until the mid 80s, and brush painting would also be acceptable (i dont own an air brush yet sadly)
The only time our vehicles looked correct was when they came out of 202 workshop. The introduction of IR reducing paint, made it much harder to upkeep vehicle appearances and very few units had airsprayers (We had access to one because our REME guy was a civilian mechanic and military vehicle collector (owned a Damilar scout car)
 
The only time our vehicles looked correct was when they came out of 202 workshop. The introduction of IR reducing paint, made it much harder to upkeep vehicle appearances and very few units had airsprayers (We had access to one because our REME guy was a civilian mechanic and military vehicle collector (owned a Damilar scout car)
Thats actually pretty cool, I was trying to buy an LSVW a while back to make a camper with
 
How are these colors ? I followed a few guides and forums for paint colors, they look alright but ive never seen this scheme in person originally lol
 

Attachments

  • 20261004_221208.jpg
    20261004_221208.jpg
    1,020.8 KB · Views: 13
You need a better tac sign stencil. Also I'd cut back a bit on the surface area that the brown bit in the middle covers. But that's just me.

Good work. Makes me want to get back to my own modeling.

🍻
 
You need a better tac sign stencil. Also I'd cut back a bit on the surface area that the brown bit in the middle covers. But that's just me.

Good work. Makes me want to get back to my own modeling.

🍻
Lmaoo I know I was swearing all night freehanding it 🤣 I just got back into modeling for the first time in 20 years, I had no thinner so I had to make my own, no retarder, no air brush, no putty or painters tape 😅 I'm absolutely building an other AVGP model when my airbrush kit comes in lol it's mainly about mixing the colors right, I think my dark green (field grey) is too dark, and I think my olive mix isn't green enough ( 50/50 desert yellow and olive drab)
 
Back
Top