Author Topic: Question about foreign service, medals and badges and para course for C.I.C.  (Read 63653 times)

Offline BulletMagnet

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I'm not just disobedient, I'm careful
Blackadder

With that QR&O does this mean that I can without thought of being charged with being out of dress take down my Sacrifice Medal as I have no desire to wear it but was under the impression that once awarded a Medal you were obliged to wear it?
"Often have I regretted my speech, never my silence" Cpl Jordan Anderson 1981-2007 RIP

When the going gets tough I take a nap...It's easier that way

Offline Old Sweat

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
With that QR&O does this mean that I can without thought of being charged with being out of dress take down my Sacrifice Medal as I have no desire to wear it but was under the impression that once awarded a Medal you were obliged to wear it?
Hopefully that is a rhetorical question. As I suspect you would have anyway, check with your chain of command and use your perogative to have the last word, "Yes Sir."

Offline Infanteer

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • Honey Badger FTW!
I know plenty of soldiers who do not wish, and don't, wear a Sacrifice Medal.  There is even a box on the application form that confirms if the soldier wants a public presentation of the medal or just wants it handed to him.
"Overall it appears that much of the apparent complexity of modern war stems in practice from the self-imposed complexity of modern HQs" LCol J.P. Storr

Offline BulletMagnet

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
It isn't rhetorical I despise the medal and view it as a joke (personal opinion) and would much rather not wear it. I am well aware that once awarded it I had to take my wound stripe down and have done so but I would rather wear nothing then the Sacrifice Medal.

I will research the QR&O and seek my CoC interpretation however the way I read it now makes it seem like I have every right to do so.

EDIT: Spelling
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 14:30:06 by BulletMagnet »
"Often have I regretted my speech, never my silence" Cpl Jordan Anderson 1981-2007 RIP

Offline BulletMagnet

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Infanteer

I wasn't really given that option either......