Author Topic: VAC wait times  (Read 133859 times)

Offline gryphonv

• Rate Post
Re: VAC wait times
« Reply #425 on: January 09, 2020, 12:54:27 »
I just got off the Phone with VAC making sure they got my documents, and was told turn around time for Lump Sum payments is up to 8 weeks.

Everything I heard before was 6 weeks. So maybe this is another change to slow things down.

Offline Teager

• Rate Post
    • Canada For Victory
« Reply #426 on: January 10, 2020, 09:12:46 »
I just got off the Phone with VAC making sure they got my documents, and was told turn around time for Lump Sum payments is up to 8 weeks.

Everything I heard before was 6 weeks. So maybe this is another change to slow things down.

How long did it take to get the form to elect lump sum from them?

Offline gryphonv

• Rate Post
« Reply #427 on: January 10, 2020, 12:13:29 »
How long did it take to get the form to elect lump sum from them?

I requested the forms dec 17th, both electronic and paper copies. I had the electronic on the 20th, the paper form showed up first week of Jan.  Considering the holidays I felt that was reasonable.

Offline Harley52

• Rate Post
« Reply #428 on: January 12, 2020, 12:14:46 »
My disability claim has been at Veterans Affairs Canada now since January 8, 2018 which equates to 104 weeks far cry from 16 weeks turn around time.  Am I the only one with a lengthy wait time?  Is this normal?

Offline BeyondTheNow

Commencing countdown, engines on.

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #429 on: January 12, 2020, 13:26:03 »
My disability claim has been at Veterans Affairs Canada now since January 8, 2018 which equates to 104 weeks far cry from 16 weeks turn around time.  Am I the only one with a lengthy wait time?  Is this normal?

Unfortunately, you’ll see from many others’ comments in this thread that wait times are exceedingly long.

Assuming all documents are in order, and they’re not waiting for any other re-submissions and/or supporting documents, the decision phase takes the most time. They’re bottle-necked and understaffed. As well, as with any government organization, errors occur from time to time also.

If you haven’t touched base with anyone recently, contact them to see if they can offer any insight. Occasionally something occurs which doesn’t appear on your MyVAC account and notifications aren’t sent and/or received by the claimant.
“I’m so sick of people thinking they can just waltz into my office when I’m obviously listening to music in 4/4.”

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #430 on: January 12, 2020, 18:44:10 »
It's important to understand the scope of claims vac deals with.

CAF members aren't only waiting until the end of their careers to submit claims. Recruits who injure themselves at basic training (from serious stuff to twisted akles) are submitting claims as soon as they hit their units.

Members releasing seem prompted to put in a bunch of claims (from vac themselves) as well.

Not necessarily a bad thing but if a single person puts in 5-10 claims that adds up across a potential 8000 members releasing per year.

There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline gryphonv

• Rate Post
« Reply #431 on: January 14, 2020, 11:03:06 »
Just an update. Got my lump sum today. So just under 4 weeks from date I submitted it online

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #432 on: January 14, 2020, 11:32:46 »
It's important to understand the scope of claims vac deals with.

CAF members aren't only waiting until the end of their careers to submit claims. Recruits who injure themselves at basic training (from serious stuff to twisted akles) are submitting claims as soon as they hit their units.

Members releasing seem prompted to put in a bunch of claims (from vac themselves) as well.

Not necessarily a bad thing but if a single person puts in 5-10 claims that adds up across a potential 8000 members releasing per year.

Thousands of insurance companies around the world seem to be able to manage this kind of traffic. Maybe we could learn something from them, assuming we're willing.
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon