Author Topic: Mortar Batteries V. Gun Batteries  (Read 2170 times)

Offline ConsideringCareers…

• Rate Post
Mortar Batteries V. Gun Batteries
« on: October 21, 2017, 07:59:09 »
Good morning all,
I have been searching around the last few days to try to answer my question, sadly, no answer.

Which batteries in each of the regular force artillery units (are they still considered regiments inside The Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery?) are mortar batteries? And which are gun batteries?

Do you get a choice (do they ask you your preference at all?) in whether you are a mortarman or a gunner on a gun crew?

Thank you, and please link me to the forum post that I most surely missed.
CC…
I am a prospective member of the Canadian Armed Forces, specifically interested in the Army. Any help or guidance you can give is greatly appreciated.
All comments of mine are my opinions only, unless otherwise stated.
Thank you,
Noah

Offline sidemount

• Rate Post
Re: Mortar Batteries V. Gun Batteries
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 10:45:03 »
From my time at 2 RCHA, the gun batteries are also the mortar batteries. They were one and the same.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership. - Colin Powell

Offline jeffb

Really needs to stop buying guns... .

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
Re: Mortar Batteries V. Gun Batteries
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 18:40:07 »
A Bty is an organization. Guns and mortars are equipment. Btys can use guns or mortars, guns and mortars or neither. Of the 15 established Btys across the 3 close support Regiments, only 6 are "gun Btys".
~ Ubique ~
Simple is better except when complicated looks really cool.