Author Topic: The Military Police [MP] Superthread  (Read 431172 times)

Offline danteh

• Rate Post
Re: The Military Police [MP] Superthread
« Reply #1050 on: July 05, 2018, 10:49:40 »
Yeah. Just like all things CF, communication isn't really on point.

Offline WatchDog87

• Rate Post
  • Formerly WEng87
« Reply #1051 on: July 05, 2018, 10:53:01 »
Yeah, things have changed for me.  Got the Course Loading message today for MP QL3 Serial 0034, 1 Aug - 12 Dec 2018.

only 12 guys on the message though, but I'm thinking the message only includes VOT/CT members and not Direct Entry.

Offline danteh

• Rate Post
« Reply #1052 on: July 05, 2018, 10:55:35 »
Well hopefully I'm in the same boat.

Offline Countertop

• Rate Post
« Reply #1053 on: July 05, 2018, 10:56:08 »
Well I’m on leave right now so I have no DWAN access, is there anyway you could PM me to check if my name is on the posting message list?

Offline RayneWL

• Rate Post
« Reply #1054 on: September 20, 2018, 14:42:20 »
I was wondering if any MPs can shed some light on available postings in Ontario for Reg Force, places that are hurting for manning, and the MP CM for me. I am due to go on my QL3s in January and have been getting very concerned about potential postings. I have a sick family member (chronic illness) and I am their only NOK in Ontario and thus being the only person they can contact if something happens. Because of this I was hoping to stay in Ontario for my first posting. I live in Belleville so I was hoping to get to goto Trenton or Kingston but realistically I would take anything in Ontario (which to my understanding is only Trenton, Kingston, Pet and Borden?). With the current staffing what are the chances that I would be able to get at least Trenton or Kingston? Or even a posting in Ontario? I was hoping the appeal of a no-cost move for the CF would be a positive note. I was also thinking I would have to write up a memo to the CM detailing my situation to potentially get a compassionate posting and to make it very apparent that I am not going to try and get out of deployments or taskings but a long term posting would be a giant issue. I have heard horror stories of people not getting any of their three choices or asking for all one side of the country and getting posted to the other.

I also want to make it very clear that I understand I will get sent where they need me and am fully prepared to do so but not without trying everything possible to make sure I at least attempt to stay to help my family member if needed.

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
« Reply #1055 on: September 20, 2018, 14:46:29 »
There’s also a fairly sizable detachment in Ottawa, just FYI.
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline RayneWL

• Rate Post
« Reply #1056 on: September 20, 2018, 15:03:34 »
There’s also a fairly sizable detachment in Ottawa, just FYI.

That is very good to know. Thank you.

Offline JesseWZ

• Mentor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1057 on: September 20, 2018, 15:12:15 »
That is very good to know. Thank you.

As well as smaller detachments in London, Meaford (Collingwood), and Toronto. There is also North Bay, (Northern Ontario on the #1).
I will be seen and not heard... I will be seen and not heard... I will be seen and not heard...

Offline Gutterbuster

• Rate Post
« Reply #1058 on: November 07, 2018, 09:02:01 »
I'm in the last 26 days of my Ql3 right now. It is my understanding that the MP branch as a whole is in need of people everywhere. Especially in isolated postings.
It will amount to your profile, the operational requirement of the branch and your posting preferences once you ask your 3 choices of posting. Sometimes you get what you want, sometimes you don't.

Last week they came into our classroom to ask if anyone would be interested in joining CFNIS, this would be right after our ql3. Rarely does this ever occur.
Your staff will always keep you in the dark until the last few days of the course's end.  :waiting: it is quite the annoyance.

Online garb811

• MP/MPO Question Answerer
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1059 on: November 07, 2018, 09:53:57 »
Your staff will always keep you in the dark until the last few days of the course's end.  :waiting: it is quite the annoyance.
You have me a bit confused on this one.  Keep you in the dark about what exactly...?

Offline coyote489

• Rate Post
« Reply #1060 on: November 07, 2018, 13:51:45 »
Yah, I don’t really understand either. I know on our 3s they kept shuffling postings around until the last few days. They do keep you in the dark in regards to that a bit.

And I feel the dets need more patrolman right now than NIS, I could be wrong (correct me if I am) but manning seems pretty low from what I gather speaking to colleagues around the country in other dets.

Will be interesting to see where most of your course ends up. Ours was mostly sent east, a few central, and a few west. Only a small handful got their actual top 3 and that was mainly due to service spouse or other personal/family reasons.
"Audi, Vide, Tace"