Author Topic: Competition List Questions (formally called Merit List) [MERGED]  (Read 197684 times)

Online Roger123

• Rate Post
Merit List/ Competition List Ranking Determination for PLT/ACSO/AEC
« Reply #275 on: November 23, 2017, 14:39:35 »
Looking to get some insight in how your ranking in determined on the competition list with respect to PILOT, ACSO and AEC applications. Been on the list for all three trades since September 17. Been using that time productively ( working, working out like a madman, reading and flying, etc.), but to be frank, the waiting sucks. At ACS, the selection officer, from what I recall, stated that under DEO commissioning, a large portion of where we rank on the list, assuming we get on the list, is based off of our score at ACS ( for ROTP, high school marks played a significant role ). This is good in my case, since I scored really high. My CFAT was also really high ( if the computer didnt freeze towards the end of the test it would have been higher !). The weak point of my application seems to be a lack of experience. I have less than 20 hrs in a plane, and no formal ground school ( Even though I have read up on the required materials). I suppose my interview could have gone better. I started out timid but got more relaxed and opened as it went on. I asked frankly if my application was good, and the officer informed me it was competitive. He said to continue working and maintaining physical training.
     Anyways, looking for community insight into ranking determination and relative importance of each step/ weighting with regards to your place on the competition list for aircrew. 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 14:43:00 by Roger123 »

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
Re: Competition List Questions (formally called Merit List) [MERGED]
« Reply #276 on: November 24, 2017, 10:10:23 »
Scoring for all occupations is based off of: (1) CFAT; (2) TSD; & (3) Your Interview
Occupations requiring further testing (MP, MPO, NWO, PLT, ACSO, etc) takes the above scoring plus the score for the added testing into account.

To find out how competitive your file is and to find out if there's areas to improve to increase the likelihood of receiving an offer you should speak with the staff at your Recruiting Centre.

Online Roger123

• Rate Post
« Reply #277 on: November 24, 2017, 10:45:50 »
Thanks for the information BUCK_HRA. Does the medical factor in at all. For example, would a V1 categorization as opposed to V2 help your application, even though you passed all medical tests but scored above the requirement?

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #278 on: November 24, 2017, 14:49:50 »
Thanks for the information BUCK_HRA. Does the medical factor in at all. For example, would a V1 categorization as opposed to V2 help your application, even though you passed all medical tests but scored above the requirement?

No your medical does not factored into scoring.

The Medical Category is broke up into 6 factors: Vision, Colour Vision, Hearing, Geographical, Occupational & Air Factor; as long as someone meets the minimum requirement for the occupation they're wishing to join is all that is important.

During the Competition/Selection process all they know is whether someone is medically cleared for the occupation, not what the actual medical category numbers are.

Offline SteviePete

• Rate Post
« Reply #279 on: December 05, 2017, 03:23:20 »
Hello, I’ve been in the recruiting process for 13 months now for NCM Infantry.

I was put on the Competition List during the beggining of September this year and haven’t got any calls yet. Around October I called my RC and was told it should be around the end of November I get that call.

What I’m wondering is if there will be any more selections occurring this year for Infantry? A few people told me there would be one on December 6th and there was one on November 22nd. Is it normal to be on the list for this long when applying for Infantry?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #280 on: December 06, 2017, 13:24:53 »
SteviePete, with recruiting where your file is in the competitive mix changes as new people are added into the competition list.  I know of people who've been waiting years to enrol and I also know of individuals who received an offer in under 6 months; it all depends.

There is not a selection happening today, however I know there will be at least one more happening prior to Christmas break.  Please keep in mind that it can take up to 2 weeks after a selection has occurred to receive notification that you may have been selected.

Offline Gondolin

• Rate Post
« Reply #281 on: December 15, 2017, 17:10:42 »
I just got on the competition list for DEO ACSO. My recruiter told me there are no spots left for this year but he's not worried and said I would still get in. He said they can take a spot from next year's fiscal year. How accurate is this? I just want to know if I still have a shot for this year or if I'll be waiting til the next fiscal year.