Author Topic: EXPEDITION BLACKDOWN CSTS  (Read 7718 times)

Offline Ranger Rick

• Rate Post
EXPEDITION BLACKDOWN CSTS
« on: March 18, 2004, 19:22:00 »
I was wondering if anyone on here is going to be doing Expedition at Blackdown this summer???

BestOfTheBest

Re: EXPEDITION BLACKDOWN CSTS
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 10:04:00 »
No, but my freind did it. He said he alot of fun.
I was doing Adventure to last summer, and i saw them a couple of times. They didn‘t really seem to have any rules around them. they were always screwing around, until they left for there "expedition".
I will be doing staff this year so i might see you there.

Offline Ranger Rick

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 12:30:00 »
You did adventure eh? Where you in O‘Hara‘s platoon???

BestOfTheBest

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 22:23:00 »
Yes i was actully, and i know o‘hara quite well too. i speak to her on msn alot.

Offline 142Highlander

• Rate Post
  • Chief Warrant Officer Army Cadets
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2004, 02:22:00 »
say, whats in adventure anyways i signed up applied probably going. What do you do? Any survival? any chance of any patroling?

Anything to beware of? =D
CWO Sung
Ex 351 Silver Star Squadron (Air Cadets)
Current: 142 St. Andrew's College Highland Army Cadet Corps
(closed)
ANAVETs

Offline alexk

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2004, 08:24:00 »
holy smokes rami whats up man its krechowicz  from the summer, and to answer your question 142 yes we have a partoling exercise and a canoe exercise also we go up to meaford for 4 days and do some assult boating, mountain bike riding, stuff like that.

o and sgt mquat in your signature dont put down that you have done expedition already that would be like myself or anyone elts saying they are did Bpara or an international exchange it looks unprofesional, even if your slotted for the crse hey you never know you might get RTU‘ed.

BestOfTheBest

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2004, 09:12:00 »
Oh my god man, how are you doing. long time no talk!. I have a new email address now. i dont know if i am allowed giving it threw here. but i wanna talk to you. i will try giving to to you somehow.

Offline 142Highlander

• Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2004, 18:47:00 »
how physically demanding is cli adventure?
CWO Sung
(closed)
ANAVETs

BestOfTheBest

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2004, 22:39:00 »
Its nothin man. I though form my opinion that the whole course was a joke. The adventure in it is okay; like you go moutain bking alot which was cool, you go to meaford which sucked for us because we weren‘t allowed to do the rock face. But yeah, its an okay course, better then Alpha thats for sure.
my tip for you is if you do the course, study for the fundemental test has hard as you can and i bet you, you will get top in the course. becuase last year that what they based it on.

Offline alexk

• Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2004, 23:41:00 »
it was also based on your PT test scores my sugestion is work on upper body and cardio and you should be fine

Offline 142Highlander

• Rate Post
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2004, 02:01:00 »
whats the fundamental test? how hard is it? whats it on? written or practical?
CWO Sung
(closed)
ANAVETs

Offline alexk

• Rate Post
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2004, 21:20:00 »
the fundamental test is easy i got 89% on it just beshure to know what to study and study it hard its all writen took me 20 mins

Fivestargeneral

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2004, 23:34:00 »
Its nothin man. I though form my opinion that the whole course was a joke. The adventure in it is okay; like you go moutain bking alot which was cool, you go to meaford which sucked for us because we weren‘t allowed to do the rock face. But yeah, its an okay course, better then Alpha thats for sure.
my tip for you is if you do the course, study for the fundemental test has hard as you can and i bet you, you will get top in the course. becuase last year that what they based it on.
The following is based on what i have observed from the Adventure course in the last two years:
a.  If you want to be slack idel and disliked by every other company,
b.  If you want to have no standards, no staff that cares, officers and cadets alike,
c.  if you enjoy waking up to having ten pounds of sand on your bed, ankel deep in sand, and dirt, dust and crap all over your stuff because supervision sucks, standards are low and not inforced at all than by all meens do adventure.

but...

(even though alot of you tend to disagree)

a.  If you want to be discipled,
b.  If you want to be clean and tidy,
c.  If you want to wake up to cleanly tent, course cadets that for the most part take the course seriously,
d.  If you want staff that care, or appear to care, and some of the best staff cadets you‘ll ever meet
e.  if you want strong calves, knees, and a badly bruised left shoulder which has lost all pain and is numb constantly.

Than do D&C.

Oh by default you must LOVE drill.

Offline alexk

• Rate Post
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2004, 15:12:00 »
ok there 5 star general first off we were not slck and idle we were alawys in the the bush moving patroling doing somthing,we ran every morning. Dislkied by every other company what are you talking about, CAN YOU SPEAK FOR EVERY OTHER CADET ON BLACKDOWN, NO YOU CANT. Alpha and Bravo companys have been rivals since the begining its like juliet and kilo or india and hotel. HOW DO YOU DARE TO BAD MOUTH MY COYS OFFICERS AND ITS NCO‘S, our officers were exelent profesional people who have a head on their shoulders, and our NCO‘s were amasing they know what they were doing most have done adventure and expedition they knew how to do their job. infact some of your staff was corrupt breaking the rules infact. do you remember  who topped the crse she and her sgt smoked together and she didnt have a smoking chit what does that tell you about your companys best cadet and staff member,

[Profanity and personal attacks removed- Harris]

PS. to all those out there this is the RSM of a cadet corps i thought to be an RSM you have to be profesional and not bad mouth other courses the he himself has not done

Hey there 5 star have any of the cadets from your corps completed CLI andventure and if they have, why on earth would you call your own cadets drity undesiplined punks and if they are , do you lead by example

Offline 142Highlander

• Rate Post
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2004, 18:34:00 »
so you run every morning thats fun =D lol, how long u guys run for and what time ya wake. How old was everyone there when you went. And whats this about people filling your bed with sand?? they actually do that? never happened in basic for me. Fill me in on that? What do you do that makes ppl wanna fill ur bed with sand?
CWO Sung
(closed)
ANAVETs

BestOfTheBest

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2004, 18:38:00 »
Man honestly read your post again and think about it. Alpha and Bravo are 2 diff courses. You drill... we do the bush work. I am sure we had the same standards as you did, plus also worse because we have to take out that sand of our bed.
Anways I could have trashed you and your course back, but doing this over the internet isn‘t that great espcially when you signed an agreement saying no**** is allowed.
I hope I see you this year maybe we can finish this there
anyways its nice to see that you reprsent Alpha

Offline alexk

• Rate Post
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2004, 21:15:00 »
in the morning we ran about 2k not far but i nice warm up to a day

Offline Ranger Rick

• Rate Post
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2004, 22:51:00 »
Hey best, whats you name??? Ive been good friends with O‘Hara since Basic we where in the same platoon and section Hotel and Delta. I was with her like every dance.

Fivestargeneral

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2004, 16:15:00 »
AlexK you took that rather personally, good it be because some of what i said was true?  

I was on Bravo lines a couple times, and what i saw was discusting, tents were filthy, cadets were walking around in there underwear.  One time i saw a cadet puke and no one did anything. (staff included)

I will make a correction to my previous post not all cadets in bravo were slack, and not all staff and officers did not care, because in every company there is staff that dosn‘t care justified by your comment on the top cadet smoking, (you should not have mentioned that persons name though)

I was stating my observations, i formed my opinion based on what i observed and what i herd, you made a personal attack at me not very proffesianl on your part.

Offline alexk

• Rate Post
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2004, 21:40:00 »
ok 5 star i think i would take it personal when somone insults somthing i dedicated 6 weeks of my life for in every company there are little decusting vermons who think they are cool by walking aroud in their underwear i found it to be decusting, its a well known that all cadets are not "model" cadets but when they are doing cli they should have a higher degree of profesionalism