Author Topic: A Tangent On Working Hours and Stuff Split from "All things Novel Coronavirus"  (Read 2579 times)

Offline stellarpanther

• Rate Post
Is that accurate across the NCR? You have to say please and thank you and tip toe around like you're walking on egg shells to order a subordinate do something?

I wasn't exaggerating.  I think I have a naturally pleasant way of talking to people and I've never had anyone go to my supervisor about the way I've talked to them but I've seen it happen.  I've also seen people file complains because a supervisor swore.  I don't mean at a person because that would be a whole new ball game but an example is, one MCpl I know told one of the HRA's that something needed to get done for a mbr and to put the other thing that was less of a priority aside until the next day.  The mbr argued about it and the MCpl basically said "it's needs to get ******* done or its going to cause a problem for the mbr, just start working on it" or something close to that.  The MCpl was called in to the Capt's office and reminded that there's a better way to handle situations like that but swearing is never appropriate even though he wasn't swearing at the mbr. 

Offline Target Up

........pull, patch, and score.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
I dunno what you're talking about, traffic issues are solved right now. We don't even have to worry about the bridge washing away this year!

Well, in my defense, it's been a couple of years since I was there last, before everything below RCD hill was a gated community for the fabulous folks.
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
Well, in my defense, it's been a couple of years since I was there last, before everything below RCD hill was a gated community for the fabulous folks.

Most of it will be, looks like they're gating off the new CANSOF compound and 427 and leaving a MSR to 450. There's also talks to build ramps to access Hwy 17 either off Paquette road by Range Control or Brindle Road to basically cut the traffic going through Petawawa proper in half. I know if I worked anywhere near RCD Hill and didn't live in the PMQs I'd head out that way.

Offline Target Up

........pull, patch, and score.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
I remember it when it was nothing but milkweed, wasp nests, poison ivy, and unexploded ordnance as far as the eye could see. Good times.
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline Haggis

• "There ain't no hat badge on a helmet!"
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • "Oh, what a glorious sight, Warm-reekin, rich!"
Is that accurate across the NCR? You have to say please and thank you and tip toe around like you're walking on egg shells to order a subordinate do something?

When I first started at NDHQ I had to attend a VCDS run "NDHQ Orientation" session.  One of the topics covered was "Tone at NDHQ" which served to educate us newbies on how to communicate, orally and in writing, across the NDHQ spectrum.  So, yes, there's a few eggshells to avoid and it's quite easy to offend someone at NDHQ.
Train like your life depends on it.  Some day, it may.