Author Topic: North Korea (Superthread)  (Read 535456 times)

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Re: US IS Preparing to Receive MIA From North Korea
« Reply #1775 on: June 24, 2018, 10:19:00 »
Coffins were moved to Panmunjaum in case the North makes the return happen.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/report-us-send-caskets-nkorea-return-war-remains-56103519

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: US IS Preparing to Receive MIA From North Korea
« Reply #1776 on: June 24, 2018, 12:22:43 »
"Identifying remains of U.S. war dead returned by North Korea will be tricky: experts"
https://milnet.ca/forums/index.php/topic,128290.0.html
“With no exception, every North Korean claim associated with human remains has shown to be false. For example, these 46 sets are actually fragments of more than 70 individuals,” the report said. Forensic analyses suggested none were American, the report said."

Offline Altair

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: North Korea (Superthread)
« Reply #1777 on: June 30, 2018, 17:40:57 »
Kim ramping up nuclear fuel production.
Someday I'll care about milpoints.

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1778 on: July 01, 2018, 05:06:17 »
Sounds like its time to reschedule the war games and ramp up sanctions.

Offline Journeyman

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1779 on: July 01, 2018, 08:56:30 »
Sounds like its time to reschedule the war games and ramp up sanctions.
No, it sounds like growing understanding that maybe.... just maybe.... 'the great negotiator'... isn't.

North Korea as preamble?
Despite reasonable analysts scratching their heads, Trump got praise from Fox and his circle of synchophants for giving North Korea stuff they weren't even asking for in exchange for nothing.  I can't wait to see what he gives Putin.
      :pop:

There’s nothing more maddening than debating someone who doesn’t know history, doesn’t read books, and frames their myopia as virtue. The level of unapologetic conjecture I’ve encountered lately isn’t just frustrating, it’s retrogressive, unprecedented, and absolutely terrifying.
~Chris Evans

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1780 on: July 27, 2018, 09:15:17 »
A USAF C17 picked up 55 remains of soldiers who were killed during the Korean War and they have landed at Osan AFB and eventually they will de flown to Hawaii for forensic evaluation and Hopefully they can be identified.

https://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/n-korea-hands-over-55-cases-of-remains-thought-to-be-us-war-dead-1.539731

Offline Remius

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1781 on: July 27, 2018, 10:39:22 »
A USAF C17 picked up 55 remains of soldiers who were killed during the Korean War and they have landed at Osan AFB and eventually they will de flown to Hawaii for forensic evaluation and Hopefully they can be identified.

https://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/n-korea-hands-over-55-cases-of-remains-thought-to-be-us-war-dead-1.539731

A symbolic gesture that I hope leads to more tangible results.

Mostly though, I hope it brings some closure to at least some surviving families.
Optio

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1782 on: July 27, 2018, 17:20:39 »
IF the remains are legit then the next step is to identify them,with 7700 soldiers MIA I hope there can be some closure.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/mattis-us-must-make-sure-korea-war-remains-are-real/ar-BBL9r9Y?ocid=spartanntp

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
55 Remains Now in Hawaii
« Reply #1783 on: August 02, 2018, 00:01:38 »

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #1784 on: September 08, 2018, 02:23:35 »
Article Link

New Zealand, Australia sending aircraft to help implement UN North Korea sanctions

September 7th, 2018

New Zealand joined Australia on Friday in announcing the deployment of maritime patrol aircraft to help implement United Nations sanctions against North Korea.

Foreign Affairs Minister Winston Peters and Minister of Defence Ron Mark put out a statement saying New Zealand was sending a P-3K2 Orion to patrol international waters in North Asia.

"New Zealand is firmly committed to an enduring peace on the Korean Peninsula.  We welcome the recent dialogue North Korea has had with the United States and South Korea.  However, until such time as North Korea abides by its international obligations, full implementation of the United Nations Security Council Sanctions resolutions will be essential," Peters said in his statement.

"New Zealand will coordinate efforts with partners to counter North Korea's maritime activities that contravene UNSC resolutions, in particular its use of ship-to-ship transfers," said Mark.

Australia's Defence Minister Christopher Pyne also put out a statement. His said Australia was sending two AP-3C Orions. Earlier this year the Australians sent a P-8A Poseidon maritime patrol aircraft to the area on sanctions duty.

The aircraft will be based out of Kadena Air Base, on the southern Japanese island of Okinawa.

Pyne said in his statement that Australia's deployment supported Australia's ongoing economic and diplomatic pressure on North Korea. "Australia continues to work with partners to enforce sanctions to pressure North Korea to take concrete and verifiable steps to denuclearise."

Sanctions resolutions against North Korea were unanimously adopted and supported by permanent United Nations Security Council members.

Australia adds two AP-3C Orion patrol planes while New Zealand deploys P-3K2 aircraft to carry out patrols of international waters in North Asia
Do I love my job?  No.

But does it afford me the ability to go on lavish vacations and buy anything I want?  Also no.

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1785 on: December 06, 2018, 12:49:08 »