Author Topic: Why am I banned? Am I banned?  (Read 3013 times)

Offline Bo

• Rate Post
  • Don't look at the goat...
Why am I banned? Am I banned?
« on: July 19, 2006, 22:28:40 »
Is this because I didn't cite my sources in the Lebanon/Israeli thread?

Why didn't I receive a warning?
Zapp Brannigan: The key to victory is discipline, and that means a well made bed. You will practice until you can make your bed in your sleep.

Fry: You mean while I'm sleeping in it?

Zapp Brannigan: You won't have time for sleeping soldier, not with all the bed making you'll be doing.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Re: Why am I banned? Am I banned?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 22:34:16 »
What are you getting on about?

Perhaps you ought to look at a couple of places like this:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,47599.msg413221.html#msg413221

or perhaps you are posting from somewhere else?  Perhaps someone who was a Troll?

Now for the important part of my Post:

IF YOU WERE BANNED, YOU WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO START THIS WHINNY TOPIC.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline E.R. Campbell

• Retired, years ago
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 22:35:05 »
You do not appear to be banned.  People who are banned have a big Banned! icon under their name and cannot post.  Nope, I'm pretty sure you're not banned.

You do not appear to be on warning, either.  People on waring have an big Verbal Warning or Counselling ... icon under their name.

Why are you paranoid?  Guilty conscience?
It is ill that men should kill one another in seditions, tumults and wars; but it is worse to bring nations to such misery, weakness and baseness
as to have neither strength nor courage to contend for anything; to have nothing left worth defending and to give the name of peace to desolation.
Algernon Sidney in Discourses Concerning Government, (1698)
----------
Like what you see/read here on Army.ca?  Subscribe, and help keep it "on the air!"

Offline Bo

• Rate Post
  • Don't look at the goat...
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 22:39:34 »
I brought this up because I was unable to access www.army.ca. I tried over a period of 2 hours and was unsuccessful (I was able to access other sites during this time).

Since banning typically involves IP blocking, I installed an anonomizer utility designed to mask my IP. Lo and behold, I can now access the site. When the anonomizer is turned off, I cannot access the site.

Any explanations?
Zapp Brannigan: The key to victory is discipline, and that means a well made bed. You will practice until you can make your bed in your sleep.

Fry: You mean while I'm sleeping in it?

Zapp Brannigan: You won't have time for sleeping soldier, not with all the bed making you'll be doing.

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -7995.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 22:44:38 »
Read this http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,47599.0.html and go read the guidelines after, before you post again.

You gotta be the only one that's not aware we had technical problems tonight. ::)
Corruption in politics doesn't scare me.
What scares me is how comfortable people are doing nothing about it.

Offline paracowboy

• I keep sayin' it...
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Make The Voices Stop!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 22:54:57 »
I brought this up because I was unable to access www.army.ca. I tried over a period of 2 hours and was unsuccessful (I was able to access other sites during this time).

Since banning typically involves IP blocking, I installed an anonomizer utility designed to mask my IP. Lo and behold, I can now access the site. When the anonomizer is turned off, I cannot access the site.

Any explanations?
mind your tone.
...time to cull the herd.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 23:47:34 »

You should have posted here:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,26986.0.html

DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.