• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

All potential LPC leaders are well aware of what happened to Campbell and Charest.

Interesting comments from the leader of the NDP about working with the Liberals on the pharmacare program. Makes you wonder how much longer the alliance can last?

NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh says working with Liberals on pharmacare like wrestling with ‘slimy’ eels​

EDMONTON THE CANADIAN PRESS
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/res...a2f91ef3529216eceedbaab0&width=600&quality=80
Working with the Liberals on pharmacare legislation has been like wrestling eels covered in oil, as NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh describes it.

Singh told a town hall meeting in Edmonton, where the New Democrats are holding a caucus retreat, that dealing with the federal government is “not fun.”
“They’re just slimy and break their promises,” Singh said this week, getting laughs from the crowd.

“They say one thing and then try to get out of it, but we’re not giving up and we’re not backing down.”

When the House of Commons returns on Monday, NDP members of Parliament say they will continue to press to get the bill drafted, with Singh calling the effort “the next big fight.”

The NDP has been pushing for a system to cover Canadians’ prescription medicines as part of its deal with the minority Liberals.

A first draft of the bill was rejected by the New Democrats back in September. Since then, more proposals have been exchanged between the two parties, but the NDP is withholding details and saying they will not negotiate in public.
Singh told the crowd that he took the eel description from his party’s health critic Don Davies, who has been negotiating with the government on a framework bill.

He said the entire caucus agrees with the characterization.
Davies said he will leave those descriptions to Singh, but he is optimistic a bill will be tabled by the March 1 deadline.

The NDP is currently waiting for a response to its most recent proposal, said Davies, adding he expects to resume talks with Health Minister Mark Holland next week.

The party said the government’s first draft of the prospective legislation had left the door open for a mixed public-private system in which the pharmaceutical industry would continue to make “huge profits.”

“We’re battling for the proper way to deliver prescription medicine to Canadians, and that’s through our public system,” Davies said.

“The NDP have been very clear on this. We set down a very clear line in the sand.”

In October, delegates at an NDP policy convention agreed to make pharmacare a red line in their confidence-and-supply agreement with the Liberals. They voted to withdraw their support on key House of Commons votes if the minority Liberal government doesn’t adhere to their demands.

Should the NDP pull out of the deal, that won’t necessarily trigger an election. The party would instead handle each parliamentary vote on a case-by-case basis.

Link

Trudeau and his ministers are whining about Daniel Smith inviting Tucker Carlson to Edmonton.

Liberals are losing their shit over Tuckers comments. Likely pissed off that he fed Canadians the unadulterated truth with a fire hose.

Tucker took trudeau and freeland to the train station.

Trudeau and his ministers are whining about Daniel Smith inviting Tucker Carlson

Liberals are losing their shit over Tuckers comments. Likely pissed off that he fed Canadians the unadulterated truth with a fire hose.

They are absolutely exploding with rage, triggered beyond belief. I don't understand it, if Tucker Carlson is such an imbecilic right wing simpleton, why don't they just engage objectively on a point by pointing basis.

His comments on fentanyl and the nexus to MAID really hit home for this part of BC where 2 people die every day from fentanyl, reportedly 10-15 become homeless everyday, and hundreds start the journey--every single day and that's just in the Okanagan Valley.

They are absolutely exploding with rage, triggered beyond belief. I don't understand it, if Tucker Carlson is such an imbecilic right wing simpleton, why don't they just engage objectively on a point by pointing basis.

His comments on fentanyl and the nexus to MAID really hit home for this part of BC where 2 people die every day from fentanyl, reportedly 10-15 become homeless everyday, and hundreds start the journey--every single day and that's just in the Okanagan Valley.

7 per day dying in BC, so far...

B.C. sets grim record with 2,511 toxic drug deaths in 2023​

Trudeau and his ministers are whining about Daniel Smith inviting Tucker Carlson to Edmonton.

This country has become an absolute failure in nearly every metric and department, but the liberals are worried about what TC has to say and are trying their best to link him to PP. The desperation is insane.

And God bless him for it. Thank You Tucker.

I've been waiting for someone to take one of them to the train station for a looonnnggg time...

Unfortunately the closest we've come is some reporter for Rebel News getting shoved around by a security detail & some guy named Corey who didn't figure that the front gate to a world leader's residence MIGHT just be a bit stronger than the average...

And while my hopes were that someone would take them to the train station Yellowstone style, I'll happily take Tucker's version of it in the meantime 😅🙏

Honestly I don't get why anybody is offended by what Tucker has said.

It hurts and it's sad, and it hits home, yes...But for that we should be offended by the treasonous scumbag who calls himself our leader, not the guy whos reminding us that life wouid be better with JT gone.

Tucker wants Canadians to enjoy the same freedoms & financial mobility we used to enjoy only a decade ago...and he wants to expose what the boot of the WEF looks like to the rest of the world.

I'm fine with it. And if the Liberals were doing such a great job, they'd be fine with the added exposure. The fact that they aren't says all we need to know...

I attended the Edmonton event last night - the place was packed! Must've been between 8000 to 12,000 ppl who attended (I included all the people who were outside watching on screens or in nearby pubs in the 12k count)

And I know as a public figure there will be plenty who like her, and plenty that don't -- but I honestly have to say I couldn't be happier with Danielle Smith as my premier so far!

It's a fight against the likes of Trudeau and Freeland, and I'm grateful she's up to the task

I attended the Edmonton event last night - the place was packed! Must've been between 8000 to 12,000 ppl who attended (I included all the people who were outside watching on screens or in nearby pubs in the 12k count)

And I know as a public figure there will be plenty who like her, and plenty that don't -- but I honestly have to say I couldn't be happier with Danielle Smith as my premier so far!

It's a fight against the likes of Trudeau and Freeland, and I'm grateful she's up to the task
I’m heading back to Alberta this spring. I’m tucking in for the foreseeable future.

Back