• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

04 Back pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
From past experience......it should come out in an "O" Gp at 1655 hrs on Friday.  ;D

GW

I seen a CANFORGEN that stated there was one being discussed end of Jan, how much and when we would get it and from how long back is appearantly whats being discussed... I heard everything from 1% from last may to 10% from april 2003 (which would be like winning the lottery for me as I was deployed all year in 2003)

I think we'll know when we get it... and not to expect anything that way we won't be let down

Oooh, I LOVE the rumour mill.

FYI -- that Exel spreadsheet going around is a fake.  How do I know?
a) An e-mail sent out stating such
b) In the LCol (and below) columns there are no distinctions between GSO and Pilot as well as Jr (2Lt, Lt) Med and Dental officers, all of whom are affected.

Finally, a letter was released via public affairs means.  As for when the raise will be released, no idea.  But it will be retroactive to April 04.

My goodness Sam, I'm surprised you didn't pick up on any of this.  I feel so priveledged to have beat out Sam on something.  Guess you're not as active here as on our Plt forum, huh?

Strike said:
Oooh, I LOVE the rumour mill.

FYI -- that Exel spreadsheet going around is a fake.   How do I know?
a) An e-mail sent out stating such
b) In the LCol (and below) columns there are no distinctions between GSO and Pilot as well as Jr (2Lt, Lt) Med and Dental officers, all of whom are affected.

Finally, a letter was released via public affairs means.   As for when the raise will be released, no idea.   But it will be retroactive to April 04.

My goodness Sam, I'm surprised you didn't pick up on any of this.   I feel so priveledged to have beat out Sam on something.   Guess you're not as active here as on our Plt forum, huh?

That and about 5 other emails saying : Stop speculating, we'll pay you when we figure out how much and where we're getting it from.  ;D

Why do you do this to ourselves... every time.  ::)  This infamous email with the spreadsheet was initiated last Wednesday (2nd Feb) and it has spread like a wild fire.  On the email you read the following:
> The rumour is 6.6% (apparently from a good source in Ottawa)  Below is a
> calculation sheet WO
Code:
Bloggin
made out.  INTERESTING!!!

The email is a fake (if one can say that).  It is a calculation of a projected raise, not actual facts.  In two days, from 5 differents sources, on 4 differents bases, I've heard the same rumour for the same amount. Of course I got carried away and totally expected a CANFORGEN the following Monday. The raise is Probably about right, but this is the 21st century, I get an email from one coast, and I email 2 friends from 2 different bases, who email 2 friends, who email, 2 friends... which gets posted on a forum seen by a good population of the CF, who emails there friends.  Like a few of us already pointed out; We should all be patient and just wait.  On a last note, the Leadership should hurry up with the final numbers, has the morale of the troops are affected daily.   

When these things start making the rounds, the SIU/ NSE guys should trace it back to it's source and nail the perpetrator. One well publicized example would stop a lot of this crap.

Unless someone gets the actual CANFORGEN and posts it, everyone stop speculating

Strike said:
My goodness Sam, I'm surprised you didn't pick up on any of this.   I feel so priveledged to have beat out Sam on something.   Guess you're not as active here as on our Plt forum, huh?

Hey... I'm on TD, cut me some slack!  ;D

Here's another rumour to toss on the fire: no announcement of the raise until after the budget.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back