• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

I watched that Chief deliver briefings on TV and I thought "this guy is in over his head and he has no clue how deep he's in".
I think the word "dunderhead" crossed my mind a few times.
Sloly was hired to bring about political change within Ottawa Police. He failed to be a cop when the city needed one at the helm.

Sloly was hired to bring about political change within Ottawa Police. He failed to be a cop when the city needed one at the helm.
Didn't do so well at the culture change thing either.

And the two problems are strongly interrelated.

Didn't do so well at the culture change thing either.

And the two problems are strongly interrelated.
Yes and no… In the case of Feb 2022, culture didn’t stop an effective public order policing response; that was Sloly stomping on his incident commander and meddling in operations instead of running his police service. The chief doesn’t - or at least shouldn’t - take operational command of a major incident. Anyway, that’s history now…

He’s gone. The mayor is gone and so are a few other councillors and police services board members.

Good riddance.
It's hard to tell that the mayor has changed... But this is a CPC thread, not "Ottawa's municipal politics are messed up" thread

It's hard to tell that the mayor has changed... But this is a CPC thread, not "Ottawa's municipal politics are messed up" thread
…although we could say it’s CPC-related I that if such a convoy happens after 20 (27?) OCT 2025, we hope that both the OPS Chief and the CPC leader/PM would act appropriately to resolve the situation, not exacerbating it.

Back