• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2024 BC Election

From The Line.

This is different. Traditionally, while it’s been well known that Tory and Liberal supporters of the coalition (be it Social Credit or BC Liberals) work together provincially, they were always very cautious about being seen to be outwardly friendly with either federal party, never mind aping them.

Well this will be the end of the NDP in BC.

That’s quite a bold and expensive tax proposal. Hopefully voters realize it would only apply to the provincial portion of their income taxes, and would presumably be a reduction in taxable net income rather than a tax credit outright. Still, better than a kick in the nuts with a wet mukluk.

Put that in yer crack pipe, Eby…

Attachments

• IMG_0163.jpeg
    IMG_0163.jpeg
    254.9 KB · Views: 29
That’s quite a bold and expensive tax proposal. Hopefully voters realize it would only apply to the provincial portion of their income taxes, and would presumably be a reduction in taxable net income rather than a tax credit outright. Still, better than a kick in the nuts with a wet mukluk.
BC doesn’t have 3.5 billion to spend (or not tax), so it’s not going to happen anyway.

So we are down to 2 candidates in my riding. After all the noise, failing around and antics, BC United falls apart at the main event, so not impressed.

I suppose we are not unlike many western democracies right now, lacking a centrist party, but when I vote this time I will definitely be holding my nose. We have three candidates in my riding (Con, NDP, Green) and it could go any way. My gut feel is we are facing a minority NDP government again, and it will interesting to see if there are enough Greens elected to prop them up. Deja vue all over again and I hope I'm wrong. And it is the historical role of BC to generate wonky political ideas. Watch and shoot!

Yep, I think the Conservative support is softer than polls suggest. Also, BC Interior conservatives (federal and provincial) have a disturbing habit of not showing up at the polls. I still think voting should be mandatory for every resident eligible to vote.

There's a lot coming out right now about some off the kooky candidates of the BCCP. Also, a recording for a Zoom meeting with unvaccinated health workers and Rustad came out. In it, Rustad says he regrets getting the "so-called vaccine". Also refers to it as "control". He's been spending more time reacting to this oppo dump than talking about his housing plan, affordability issues or how to fix the social disorder in BC's towns.

Probably most free-enterprise voters will hold their nose and vote for them. But I'm sure that there are more than a few who are on the bubble. The polls are very close, but it's widely reported that the NDP vote is more efficient where needed in Vancouver and the suburbs out to Langley and Maple Ridge. If enough people find the BC Conservatives too fringe, they may stay home, vote NDP or for one of the former BC United candidates now running independently. But also don't underestimate the ability of BC's free-enterprise voters to vote against the NDP no matter what.

It wouldn't be the first time the NDP won more seats but lost the popular vote. And if any of the independent candidates win seats and throw in a single Green seat, it could make for an interesting seating arrangement in the Legislature.

Wow. How, exactly, did Kevin Falcon ever think it was wise to fold in to this crew of lunatics?
Falcon actually kicked Rustad out of BCU for being a lunatic just over a year ago. It’s really telling about how people in BC are looking for some party- any party - to put public safety first. I saw an article the other day that 60% of people in BC genuinely live in fear of crime and drugs, and the same # feel the NDP are (1) to blame, (2) in genuine denial, (3) not likely to do much of anything about it.

On the other hand, a Rustad government is alarmingly very likely to bulldoze drug addicts and criminals into the sea, or grind them under the dozer tracks. It’s so bad that the second option is actually highly desirable to half of the province’s population (the half that is not currently addicted to meth). The other day Eby remarked something about COVID anti-vaxxers conspiracy theory kooks — to which Rustad quickly replied “I believe school children should be immunized for TB and measles. I don’t believe school children should be euthanized by school boards who give them crack pipes and drug dispensers instead of textbooks and tests.”

Living here, I share the sense that the province has crossed a line into failed state status with regards to drugs, violent crime, property crime, eco-anarchy, rapidly spreading poverty, atrocious public schools, perversion, homelessness and a weird blend of cultural Marxism that simply fuels it all. It has to stop.

I’ve never seen anything like it in Canada, and it does seem very much broken here in BC.

Falcon actually kicked Rustad out of BCU for being a lunatic just over a year ago. It’s really telling about how people in BC are looking for some party- any party - to put public safety first. I saw an article the other day that 60% of people in BC genuinely live in fear of crime and drugs, and the same # feel the NDP are (1) to blame, (2) in genuine denial, (3) not likely to do much of anything about it.

On the other hand, a Rustad government is alarmingly very likely to bulldoze drug addicts and criminals into the sea, or grind them under the dozer tracks. It’s so bad that the second option is actually highly desirable to half of the province’s population (the half that is not currently addicted to meth). The other day Eby remarked something about COVID anti-vaxxers conspiracy theory kooks — to which Rustad quickly replied “I believe school children should be immunized for TB and measles. I don’t believe school children should be euthanized by school boards who give them crack pipes and drug dispensers instead of textbooks and tests.”
Not that long ago, a candidate would be laughed out of the running for saying something like “euthanized by school boards”.

Back