• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2024 BC Election

From The Line.

This is different. Traditionally, while it’s been well known that Tory and Liberal supporters of the coalition (be it Social Credit or BC Liberals) work together provincially, they were always very cautious about being seen to be outwardly friendly with either federal party, never mind aping them.

Well this will be the end of the NDP in BC.

That’s quite a bold and expensive tax proposal. Hopefully voters realize it would only apply to the provincial portion of their income taxes, and would presumably be a reduction in taxable net income rather than a tax credit outright. Still, better than a kick in the nuts with a wet mukluk.

That’s quite a bold and expensive tax proposal. Hopefully voters realize it would only apply to the provincial portion of their income taxes, and would presumably be a reduction in taxable net income rather than a tax credit outright. Still, better than a kick in the nuts with a wet mukluk.
BC doesn’t have 3.5 billion to spend (or not tax), so it’s not going to happen anyway.

So we are down to 2 candidates in my riding. After all the noise, failing around and antics, BC United falls apart at the main event, so not impressed.

I suppose we are not unlike many western democracies right now, lacking a centrist party, but when I vote this time I will definitely be holding my nose. We have three candidates in my riding (Con, NDP, Green) and it could go any way. My gut feel is we are facing a minority NDP government again, and it will interesting to see if there are enough Greens elected to prop them up. Deja vue all over again and I hope I'm wrong. And it is the historical role of BC to generate wonky political ideas. Watch and shoot!

Yep, I think the Conservative support is softer than polls suggest. Also, BC Interior conservatives (federal and provincial) have a disturbing habit of not showing up at the polls. I still think voting should be mandatory for every resident eligible to vote.

Back