• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2024 BC Election

Did he actually say he’s supporting them or did he say he thinks they’re going to win. I heard him say the latter a couple of months ago, but it didn’t sound like an endorsement.
He’s definitely supporting the Conservative candidate for Oak Bay.

Attachments

• IMG_1375.jpeg
    IMG_1375.jpeg
    612.3 KB · Views: 18
Now there's a policy shift - no stumpage...

B.C. Conservatives promise to end stumpage fees, review fire management if elected​

VANDERHOOF, B.C. — British Columbia Conservatives are promising changes they say will bring more stability to the province's struggling forest industry.

The Americans always slam tariffs on our softwood now because they think our stumpage rates are so low we’re giving it away. Not sure how this will help.
The only acceptable solution for them is for Canada to stand aside and let them come up here and turn the forests into deserts. There’s hardly a forest worker in BC that wouldn’t like to cut off US access to any Canadian lumber, if only the industry wasn’t too lazy to find other customers.

Today’s Main Street poll not looking too good for Eby, but it doesn’t feel like things will change. The biggest challenge in BC will be to get non-NDP to vote. The marxists here are very motivated.

Attachments

• IMG_0157.jpeg
    IMG_0157.jpeg
    460.1 KB · Views: 11
This is going to be a very interesting election. Although BC United folded up their tent and endorsed the BC Conservatives, the BCCP is not the same free-enterprise coalition that the Socreds and BC Liberals were. It will be interesting to see where the hardcore federal Liberals (prior to 1991, they, the BCLP, were at 5%) go.

I really like our NDP MLA, She is a vet and big supporter of Cadets. If she was a independent I would certainly vote for her. But the NDP need a kick to the gonads. My other choices are a BC United guy and Independent. Neither seem all that great.

I really like our NDP MLA, She is a vet and big supporter of Cadets. If she was an independent I would certainly vote for her. But the NDP need a kick to the gonads. My other choices are a BC United guy and Independent. Neither seem all that great.
No Conservative?

I really like our NDP MLA, She is a vet and big supporter of Cadets. If she was a independent I would certainly vote for her. But the NDP need a kick to the gonads. My other choices are a BC United guy and Independent. Neither seem all that great.

Not alot of great choices, and the # of seats is growing...

A look at the new districts in B.C.’s fall election as legislature grows to 93 seats​

Now there's a policy shift - no stumpage...

B.C. Conservatives promise to end stumpage fees, review fire management if elected​

VANDERHOOF, B.C. — British Columbia Conservatives are promising changes they say will bring more stability to the province's struggling forest industry.

So where would the money to run MOF programs come from then? Or to maintain forestry roads?

So where would the money to run MOF programs come from then? Or to maintain forestry roads?
Losing a centrist party is going to cost B.C. heavily, one way or another.

Interesting. I thought they were running candidates in all ridings? Guess not.
Same question? Is the collapse of BCU into BCC not going smoothly? Is BCU in fact no longer a thing or did the party leader overstep his legal powers? Will BCU still be on the ballot? I have been reading of some serious drama where BC Conservatives, by virtue of having been practically a fringe party, have some pretty wacky candidates. If they’re going to become the mainstream right of centre party in the province, they’re gonna have to clean house of some old baggage.

Same question? Is the collapse of BCU into BCC not going smoothly? Is BCU in fact no longer a thing or did the party leader overstep his legal powers? Will BCU still be on the ballot? I have been reading of some serious drama where BC Conservatives, by virtue of having been practically a fringe party, have some pretty wacky candidates. If they’re going to become the mainstream right of centre party in the province, they’re gonna have to clean house of some old baggage.

No, it's not going smoothly... but it seems they've gone back on their announcement that they were going to run some candidates:

B.C. United officially not running any candidates in election​

Party previously said it may include a handful of candidates despite withdrawing from provincewide campaign​

The party, which had served as Official Opposition in the B.C. legislature, had previously indicated it may run a handful of candidates in select ridings in order to avoid being deregistered by Elections B.C.

But on Friday, an email from B.C. United's deputy campaign manager said that would no longer be the case.

"Following further conversations with Elections B.C., B.C. United's party executive has decided not to run any candidates in the upcoming 2024 provincial election," said an email attributed to deputy campaign manager Adam Wilson.

"Furthermore, to ensure compliance with the B.C. Elections Act, the party executive has made the decision not to produce or share any materials in relation to the upcoming provincial election for the duration of the campaign period."

Meanwhile, they've left the meter running on high speed....

British Columbia adding government debt faster than any other province​

The government’s recent fiscal update paints a picture of a province in freefall, adding debt at a historically unprecedented rate and faster than any other province. If the government continues on its current path, B.C. is on track to become one of Canada’s most indebted provinces over the next half decade.

BLOG: British Columbia adding government debt faster than any other province

Yeah, it will be interesting. It turns out BC United has to run some candidates so they can access the per-vote subsidy all parties get in return for getting rid of corporate and union donations and limiting the amount individuals can give. Also, they have to run some candidates so they aren’t deregistered. Problem is, no one wants to run as ballot fodder for a party not running.

The BC Conservatives have picked some kooks to run back when they were still running third behind BC United. And the people releasing the oppo research on the BCCP are BCU members. Many members aren’t happy Falcon decided to fold the tent with no consultation.

The NDP are going to be charging hard for the diehard federal Liberals now homeless. They aren’t many, but in a close election the NDP just has to convince them to stay home.

Over time, the BCCP may self moderate and evolve into the Liberal-Conservative free-enterprise coalition, but that will take time. But never underestimate the ability of free-enterprise voters in BC to hold their nose and vote against the NDP, no matter how bad the smell emanates from the de-facto free-enterprise coalition. Campbell/Clark were well past their best before dates but they managed to win one or two more elections.

Back