• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A "Why" Dress Thread split from OCdt Speaks at Freedom Rally

I think you misunderstood my comment. It's definitely a UCR. I'm not sure it's an SOCD.
Fair.

I've said it before I like the US model. Initial issue is free, anything after that you pay for. The money we throw out the door in "lost" clothing items is ridiculous.

Right now there is a serious problem in in our LCMM/SM world and their ability to fill stock. It goes way beyond clothing.

Anyone remember when knee pads were not allowed. On ISCC. We would have our knees checked to make sure we weren’t wearing volleyball knee pads under our combats.

Anyone remember when knee pads were not allowed. On ISCC. We would have our knees checked to make sure we weren’t wearing volleyball knee pads under our combats.
I definitely remember this well during BOTC/BIOC at CFB Gagetown. Can't remember whether this ever came up when training with my regiment.

Also remember sunglasses not allowed.

It was the same at the School of Infantry. Anyone caught wearing knee pads got a 'Red Chit'. Woe betide you if the DS could detect a knee pad through the small tears in your combat pants!

Coincidentally, one of my colleagues on Phase III Inf recently got a shiny new knee replacement :)

At one point in time, the contract had expired (or so I was told at Wg Clothing Stores). Name tags, however, were small potatoes for those of us who couldn't get rescue knives, flights suits, flying gloves, etc...
Or parts to make propellers go around.

Name Tags have been an issue for ever. IMHO its a contracting issue. SSO (Supporting Supply Organizations) or Base Supply's should be let to contract locally. Last I heard there was a company in Winnipeg who had the contract for the CAF. I stand to be corrected.

Or if not local contracting, put it as a purchasable by points or cash item through Logistik Unicorps.

Or if not local contracting, put it as a purchasable by points or cash item through Logistik Unicorps.
This is the solution to most of our next to skin or uniform issues. Put it on Logistik. Clothing Stores should only be for emergencies, field equipment and deployments. If there's a CTAT issue for flight suits/NCDs/CADPAT then ship it to the member's work address instead of their house for those items.

UCR or SOCD time ?

I've never interfaced with SOCD, and only one time with UCR. I also seen an item that was procured thru "UOR" and I think both UCR and UOR are more fucked than they are functional...

UCR; the crap-tastic Air Force desert safety boots. I drafted a UCR submission for the LRP Det CO that was going to compliment the AAR Det UCR. I don't think either got traction...and people just continued to buy and wear their own boots. NO ONE wanted those cripplers on their feet in a SHTF situation. Even stupider, those of us who wear LPO boots HAD to get safety toe ones because the Div said so. Luckily, mine were composite ones from Reebok and fit great...but the bigger issue is the ONLY thing my trade needs safety toe for is handling search stores...which we carried ZERO of on IMPACT.

UOR; during IMPACT, the brown issued T-shirt didn't measure up to ALSE/dual layer requirements. A UOR was raised for suitable kit, with a recommendation for DriFire shirts. I was issued the shirt...when I was back on a later Roto (can't remember 100% if it was Roto 2 or 4).

I could have ordered the shirt myself and had it shipped in 1-2 weeks...

This is the solution to most of our next to skin or uniform issues. Put it on Logistik. Clothing Stores should only be for emergencies, field equipment and deployments. If there's a CTAT issue for flight suits/NCDs/CADPAT then ship it to the member's work address instead of their house for those items.
I don't know about Flight Suits but CADPAT and NCDs aren't CTAT. That's a very common misconception and lead a lot of bases to buying massive shredders years ago, that now collect dust lol

UOR; during IMPACT, the brown issued T-shirt didn't measure up to ALSE/dual layer requirements. A UOR was raised for suitable kit, with a recommendation for DriFire shirts. I was issued the shirt...when I was back on a later Roto (can't remember 100% if it was Roto 2 or 4).

I could have ordered the shirt myself and had it shipped in 1-2 weeks...
That, good Sir, is a staff work and LCMM problem.

We waste a lot of time and money putting stuff through DRDC that our allies have already tested or are using and we should simply be able to inject it into the CFSS via SOI.

Even more of a reason to have it on Logistik.

I don't know about Flight Suits but CADPAT and NCDs aren't CTAT. That's a very common misconception and lead a lot of bases to buying massive shredders years ago, that now collect dust lol
I am not really opposed to shredding of old CADPAT uniforms. We have enough problems without having uncontrolled CAF uniforms on the secondary market.

That won't work for flying clothing. Sometimes you need it quick, and the mbr needs to be able to walk into clothing stores and walk out with flying gear in hand.

Maybe this would be ok for 2 CAD, but I don't see it working for 1 CAD, or at least not all Wings/Sqns.

Last edited:
That won't work for flying clothing. Sometimes you need it quick, and the mbr needs to be able to walk into clothing stores and walk about with flying gear in hand.

Maybe this would be ok for 2 CAD, but I don't see it working for 1 CAD, or at least not all Wings/Sqns.
Your ALSE shop should be able to give you a loaner while you wait for your own.

Back