• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Abortion Issues - Mega Thread [MERGED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ArmyVern said:
And that is their choice.  That's the trick.  Our bodies - Our choice.  I've never had to make that choice, but I am damn thankful it's mine to make.  That personal choice bears no political stripe. 

Imagine if women put into law that all 'ye men shall have vasectomies to ensure no abortions occurred.

:goodpost:

As a man I have absolutely no business telling a woman how and what to do with her body and her health, unless I'm her physician.  I'll leave that nonsense to the Taliban and other like folks who like to interfere.

ArmyVern said:
And that is their choice.  That's the trick.  Our bodies - Our choice.  I've never had to make that choice, but I am damn thankful it's mine to make.  That personal choice bears no political stripe. 

Imagine if women put into law that all 'ye men shall have vasectomies to ensure no abortions occurred.

When you remove the "A" word and look at it from a view of competing rights, how we legally determine when life begins is legally "neat" but not based on any science. I used to be completely pro-life, now having watched my daughters in the wombs on ultrasound and felt them create a bit of a personality even in the womb, I have a somewhat modified view. I personally believe that by the third trimester the fetus should be gaining some rights, which would effect it's standing in society with the mother and father as well. Changing the "beginning of life" opens up a whole host of issues, including child support, care of the unborn, etc.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/can-a-child-die-before-it-is-born

So according to the current government of the day there can be no nuances in opinion? Can a woman be personally against abortion but is okay with a woman's right to choose? Does that make her pro or anti choice?

FSTO said:
So according to the current government of the day there can be no nuances in opinion? Can a woman be personally against abortion but is okay with a woman's right to choose? Does that make her pro or anti choice?

I fall into the category you have stated. For me personally, I don't feel it's an option. But I feel very strongly that every woman's body is her own and I am in absolutely no position to judge another's decisions. Whether I agree or not is irrelevant. It's not my life and I certainly have my own history of sh*t that others would be highly critical of. So, I guess that makes me pro choice?

BeyondTheNow said:
I certainly have my own history of sh*t that others would be highly critical of.

We are not judgemental here. :)

Speaking of abortion, how's this for hypocrisy? Saw it in yesterday's news,

5 Oct 2017
Anti-Abortion Congressman Resigns After Allegedly Urging Mistress to Get an Abortion
http://time.com/4971442/tim-murphy-congress-resignation/
(WASHINGTON) — Republican Rep. Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania, an anti-abortion lawmaker who allegedly urged his mistress to have an abortion when he thought she was pregnant, is resigning from Congress.

Attachments

• inquiring_minds_logo.png
    inquiring_minds_logo.png
    171.5 KB · Views: 273
FSTO said:

Your confusing "free thinking" with "right thinking".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back