• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Acceptances to RMC - When sent out?

armoured, im hoping im able to remuster to air crew. i had to choose armoured so i could meet the deadline. im not too sure if it will be a simple process though

good stuff jonas! i'm out here in halifax on the edge of my seat now by your news! perhaps you might consider sticking with the combat arms! haha :p

my name is jonas said:
Armoured, I'm hoping I'm able to remuster to air crew. I had to choose armoured so I could meet the deadline. I'm not too sure if it will be a simple process though.
There, fixed that for you ;)

my name is jonas said:
i just got my call today, ill be headin off to rmc next year. greatest day of my life!! Waiting was hell but it was well worth it

Wait till you get there, your idea of greatest day will change ;)

Max

SupersonicMax said:
Wait till you get there, your idea of greatest day will change ;)

Max

I was going to hit this point, but I didn't want to be the cynic and scare the new recruits. Thanks for beating me to it :)

my name is jonas said:
armoured, im hoping im able to remuster

Good luck, you'll need it. I hope your recruiter didn't just say "Take armour, you can switch to pilot/airnav whenever you want." becuase it can be a long process and you're not guaranteed anything. Sorry to be cynical, I'm sure you're a strong candidate, so kick ass!

Congratulations! This makes me excited that I'll hear soon too. I like this idea of the western folks hearing back sooner (Being in BC) but perhaps the Rockies will get in the way of the flow of information! Someone should look into that, anyone here from com research, or a Sig O want to find out if mountains stop candidates from hearing back? :D

I'm anxious for them to call - I'd like to know either way, but I'm a kinda ( ;)) hoping its good news!

I think I'm going to wait a week, and call my CFRC Det if they haven't called me by then.

Congrats!

Mind telling us for which occupation - and which CFRC your file is with?

Occupation is Pilot so Air Ops until after first year and my file is with CFRC Ottawa

benny88 said:
   I'm a pilot and I have no idea what that means.
From what i heard starting this year if you are going ROTP they don't decide if you go pilot or Air Nav until the end of first year.

glider742 said:
From what i heard starting this year if you are going ROTP they don't decide if you go pilot or Air Nav until the end of first year.

Sorry to be cynical, but who the HELL told you that? I don't think the CF can enroll you without telling you your trade...anyone?

What about people who only pass the the pilot portion of ASC and not the Nav tests? Or vice-versa? Or people who are medically fit for one and not the other? What the hell is going on?

Edited to ask more incredulous questions.

Yes - this is the manner which which people are being enrolled this year.  New thing they're trying.

I am one of the exceptions, as a "senior applicant" and a CT.

IntlBr said:
Yes - this is the manner which which people are being enrolled this year.  New thing they're trying.

I am one of the exceptions, as a "senior applicant" and a CT.
I am also a "senior applicant" whats a CT?

isn't it being done by groupings? such as myself for example, my choices were armour, arty, then infantry, which all belong to the land operations group. so essentially, as it was explained to me, im applying to the land operations group, where as if i am selected, my trade within that group well be decided after phase II.

Back