• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All things Joint Sigs Regt/JSR (merged)

Be careful PC....you you can't stay where you are forever either...the shit you toss now....

So...looking at some of the previous comments, why does 1 Div want JSR to be 'army' and does that mean JSR sends people to deployments like Libya where its primarily Air Force? 

ringo598 said:
JSR sends people to deployments like Libya where its primarily Air Force?

JSR supports any deployment where it is required. It's really not a complicated concept. It does not belong to the Canadian Army. It belongs to CANOSCOM. CANOSCOM provides support to the entire CF.

ringo598 said:
So...looking at some of the previous comments, why does 1 Div want JSR to be 'army' and does that mean JSR sends people to deployments like Libya where its primarily Air Force?

JSR used to be 1st Can Div HQ and Sigs Regiment. Now that we have 1 Can Div back, they want their HQ and Sigs back.

PuckChaser said:
JSR used to be 1st Can Div HQ and Sigs Regiment. Now that we have 1 Can Div back, they want their HQ and Sigs back.

Don't forget that they (JSR) ate 1 Line Troop as well (and I think they still have indigestion).  Although to be more accurate it was 79 Comm Regt that took the 1st bite prior to becoming JSR.

JSR OP said:
Sqn  T-Shirts may be coming out soon with new logos designed by our webmaster/Regt photo tech/graphic designer/IM Sect SharePoint guy...  I think I got all his hats in there....

Hahaha i like the job description ;)

Just wanted to cast out my line here... I'm currently on my DP 1.0 at CFSCE and have requested (and I'm hoping for) CFJSR as a posting.  10 years ago (my God! that long?!) I worked at JSR as a Clerk... this time I'll be wearing the Jimmy cap badge.  I'm decent at computers and electronics and also have my ham radio operator's certificate civvie-side... it makes choosing sub-components rather hard although I originally signed up to go LCIS (is that CST or IST?)

FreeFloat said:
Just wanted to cast out my line here... I'm currently on my DP 1.0 at CFSCE and have requested (and I'm hoping for) CFJSR as a posting.  10 years ago (my God! that long?!) I worked at JSR as a Clerk... this time I'll be wearing the Jimmy cap badge.  I'm decent at computers and electronics and also have my ham radio operator's certificate civvie-side... it makes choosing sub-components rather hard although I originally signed up to go LCIS (is that CST or IST?)

If you signed up as LCIS when you signed your offer, you'll be fast tracked to the CST stream. They may even have you do your DP1.1 CST before you leave CFSCE.

PuckChaser said:
If you signed up as LCIS when you signed your offer, you'll be fast tracked to the CST stream. They may even have you do your DP1.1 CST before you leave CFSCE.

Yes, you will be fast tracked CST. 90% sure you will not stay to finish DP1.1 CST. I enlisted as LCIS and completed POET along with DP1.0 and was posted to 2Sigs Pet then came back several months later to do the CST 1.1. During my stay at 2Sigs for 10months I had a meeting with the LCIS Career Manager and recieved another full paid move in the same year as my posting to Petawawa. Not saying this situation will be identical but it is most likely you will be posted to a Unit where you will do OJT and shadow other trained Techs in a shop and come back to do DP1.1 CST.

Another update.  Just received my posting instruction last week and sure enough, JSR.  Also I found clarification on my recruiting situation: apparently, the amalgamation "officially" went through just before my component transfer was finalized, therefore I guess I'm officially considered ACISS Core  :-\

And I received your posting message last week also.  You will be going to 1 Sqn A Tp.  Brush up on your Tac Rad.

Have fun in A!  If its still the same guy running PT you'll have fun.

And sore legs. 

BTW, for those who were in 1 CSR/1 CDHSR back in the early 1990s, does anyone remember a Corporal John Addington (?), who was a rather tall RAD OP with glasses and was quite heavy into electronic gear back then?

Fred Herriot said:
Corporal John Addington (?), who was a rather tall RAD OP with glasses and was quite heavy into electronic gear back then?

Still there... He is a Mcpl now.

Back