• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Allowances - Post Living Differential (PLD) [MERGED]

It's called Provisional PLD (i.e. PPLD). Just to elaborate a bit on what Tar said, if you "lost" PLD but are now receiving CFHD, and your CFHD is less than 75% of what your PLD was, you will get topped up so that you are getting 75% of what your PLD used to be.

So, for those who are getting some amount of CFHD, this isn't a big deal, but for those who lost PLD and are not eligible for CFHD at all, it's huge.

That 75% will decrease after a year to 50%, then 25%, then PPLD will disappear in 2026.

If you are posted, you lose PPLD. I.e if you are posted into a location where someone else is getting PPLD, you won't get PPLD.

I just want to make sure I am reading this right. I was receiving PLD, my pay level (11?) made my CFHD $0, with PPLD I will get 75% of my old PLD which will decrease annually to $0?

If so, I am pleasantly surprised and believe my wife will be, too.

I just want to make sure I am reading this right. I was receiving PLD, my pay level (11?) made my CFHD $0, with PPLD I will get 75% of my old PLD which will decrease annually to $0?

No CANFORGEN yet on the subject, but the lunchroom gossip, FWIW, seems to indicate that, yes.

No CANFORGEN yet on the subject, but the lunchroom gossip, FWIW, seems to indicate that, yes.

I've seen the draft CANFORGEN, in all CAPS as someone demanded, and it says exactly this.

Given the rather old pay systems, holding off on an announcement until the systems are confirmed ready and a timeline can be communicated makes sense.

Plus given current HRA shortfalls and workload, letting them work on HD without everyone on base demanding a sitrep on another thing makes sense.

Happy The Office GIF

Given the rather old pay systems, holding off on an announcement until the systems are confirmed ready and a timeline can be communicated makes sense.

Plus given current HRA shortfalls and workload, letting them work on HD without everyone on base demanding a sitrep on another thing makes sense.
That is fair but I will add that as usual the lack of any kind of messaging on the potential for PPLD has lead to much angst amongst folks that lost PLD. Granted it was likely TB/Cabinet confidence item so slightly understandable but the lack of comms totally allowed the issue to balloon when it could have been mitigated.

That is fair but I will add that as usual the lack of any kind of messaging on the potential for PPLD has lead to much angst amongst folks that lost PLD. Granted it was likely TB/Cabinet confidence item so slightly understandable but the lack of comms totally allowed the issue to balloon when it could have been mitigated.
Never get ahead of a problem when you can let it fester and destroy morale.

For added PAR points deny that a problem exists until its already causing people financial and mental hardship.

I’m hearing an additional increase for 2022 and another for 2024 totalling 12.03% compounded, up from 10.04% for the EI announced in March.

That, exactly, with the PPLD is what was passed down in our orders this week.

I’ll never complain about any increase in pensionable earnings!

Did you see anything on when PPLD kicks in? It would be nice if the eff date is 01 Jul 2023.

The PPLD is good news as well. I feel like I might actually have an increase in net take home $. I was up about $50 give or take, after the EI gain and PLD loss. That didn’t even cover the increase in fuel prices that kicked in this month as well.

So are the release memos being submitted still or are people generally happy?

I try to avoid internet herpes. But I was genuinely interested on how this is being received.
The first post PLD pay without backpay hasn't landed yet. I expect that in august we will have a better picture of how people really feel.

The first post PLD pay without backpay hasn't landed yet. I expect that in august we will have a better picture of how people really feel.
Looking at End Jul pay, it seems like it might be what we will be receiving Mid Aug. This matches the increase that we received minus the loss of PLD (Edmonton).

Regarding PPLD, I was expecting the CANFORGEN to drop today, I guess they still have thinks to revise before posting it. Still, no one will see the money until Oct for PPLD and Nov for the economical increase that "match" what PSAC negotiated.

No one will say no to additional income. I have a feeling that the CFHD may not remain in this present form for more than 3 years. Too many issues with the program.

Looking at End Jul pay, it seems like it might be what we will be receiving Mid Aug. This matches the increase that we received minus the loss of PLD (Edmonton).

Regarding PPLD, I was expecting the CANFORGEN to drop today, I guess they still have thinks to revise before posting it. Still, no one will see the money until Oct for PPLD and Nov for the economical increase that "match" what PSAC negotiated.

No one will say no to additional income. I have a feeling that the CFHD may not remain in this present form for more than 3 years. Too many issues with the program.
I suspect there is a large part of the CAF that does not check their pay statements prior to the pay dropping. I know I'm usually one of them, I only look when something seems odd.

Do they know the new system saved the GoC $30 million a year? How un-Canadian of them to retreat into retirement when they should be sticking around for more cuts by stealth.
you spelled "overspent by $30M yearly and TB called us on it" wrong.

Back