• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

An apology to all Canadians

Padraig OCinnead

Inactive
Reaction score
I would like to say sorry to all Canadians for the absolutely foolish thing that my fellow Ontarions did last night.

In that case, I should offer mine as well for the foolish thing my fellow Newfs did.

I guess suckers for punishment.

No need to apologize. Soon they will suffer and know the error of there ways (someday). It's just too bad people like us have to go down with them.

I apoligize for my riding, Burnaby-Douglas, it went NDP (shudders)    :eek:    :'(

Leeds/Grenville ....conservative by more than 5000 votes!!!!!!

I apoligize for my riding of Ottawa South it went to David Mcguinty

Sorry my friend,but not even an apology will do for electing another Mcguinty :evil:

That is very true

the liberals had over 1200 volunteers in ottawa south a small army my family is only 4 voters i tried my best but lost

My city was a NDP sweep except my riding.. liberal :(

You guys shouldn't appologize, you can't control that the people around you can be easily manipulated/scared by T.V. adds.

Gents

It can't last forever. The BabyBoomers will soon be gone and then real thinking may once again grace us with its presence.

It shouldn't be yourselves saying sorry...It sdhould be the selfish, overfed, BMW driving twits who can't think of anything past their own  noses and have no concept of national responsability. :skull:

Enough said!

Slim :cdn:

So a vote for the NDP is really just a vote for the Conservatives, so I should vote Liberal.. huh. I still don't follow.

But the conservative MP won in my riding, so I'm rather quite content.

Harper failed   because his caucas lost the progressive part of the PC movement - that scared the undecided into voting Fiberal. Harper himself would be a good candidate. But Canadians should benefit from a minority gov't, unless the NDP and Grits form a coalition majority..
Another reason Conservatives lost is because as it  turns out, Liberals can also play dirty, they shouldn't have started with the negative ads.

Smoothbore said:
Harper failed   because his caucas lost the progressive part of the PC movement - that scared the undecided into voting Fiberal. Harper himself would be a good candidate. But Canadians should benefit from a minority gov't, unless the NDP and Grits form a coalition majority..
Another reason Conservatives lost is because as it  turns out, Liberals can also play dirty, they shouldn't have started with the negative ads.
hehehe, they don't even have enough for that, they still need 1 more to get it.

And lucky for them, there is one individual, one who has something against the CPC.

Harper lost because he was rude, boisterous and bragging about how likely it was that he'd be in control of a majority government. The conservatives need a new leader, who's a personnable kind of guy instead of mr. invincible unhuman perfect politician.  They also need to distinguish themselves from the hard-ass republican-lite image they hold, and find out where they really stand on issues such as abortion, gay rights, etc.

My own opinion here, but your "I'm right and the rest of the country just needs to wake up and realize that what I am doing is the right thing" attitude could just as easily be shared with an Iraqi insurgent. You have your opinions, fine, but don't assume the rest of the counry is as ignorant as you would make them out to be. The only people who you can blame for misinformation are the political parties who thrive on it. The liberal commericials in particular were bad for this, but the conservatives didn't really convince me that Martin was the Mr.Waste guy they made him out to be.

I mean, he was the most frugal finance minister in years, which is probably why the markets like him so much. 

nULL is right.  If we expect people who voted Liberal/NDP/Green to respect the desire of the Conservative Party supporters for change, we should respect their votes, no matter how absurd we feel many of their platforms or records of good government are.  I must say that I am disappointed by the quality of the debate presented by all Parties.  At least the Greens where adamant in projecting their platform to Canadians, as opposed to mainly sniping the others.  The result of this poor election is the poorest voter turnout since Confederation.  I think the only real winners are the citizens of Surrey who voted Chuck Cadmen in; they are getting an MP who is in an enviable position of being able to effectively act as a representative rather than a party stooge.

As for the distaste in the mouth of alot of electors, I still feel that a triple-E Senate is the answer to many concerns about this.  Pissed because a mostly all conservative West loses out in the Commons because 181 seats (over half) lie in two provinces.  A Triple-E Senate, which would give approximately 40% of the elected seats to the West in an Upper House that is equally effective in legislative abilities would put a check on the power of the Commons and its somewhat skewed form of representation.  Try selling the idea of going to 20% of the seats from a current 50% to people in Ontario and Quebec.  I just wish a premier like Ralph Klein will have the stones to hold a referendum or an election the next time Alberta needs a new senator, and see what happens if the Federal government, possessing the de jure power of appointment, trys to go against the wishes of the citizens of that province.

If the 11 years of waste under the Liberals weren't enough to convince you, I can't see that the ads would help.  Funny how nobody remembers the news.

HRDC scandal
Advertising scandal
Gun registry which costs about 500 times its projected cost, doesn't stop crime, and still isn't fully implemented
Slashing medicare and foisting it on the Provinces, the same provinces run by the Conservative governments they now villify as part of their campaign (Mike Harris cut medical care, he's bad.  Doesn't matter that we stopped transfer payments to the provinces.  He couldn't pull money out of his ass, he's a Conservative, therefore, bad)
Canadian soldiers hitching rides to the war zones with the Americans because we have no lift capacity of our own
Canadian sailors in food banks
The CF having to storm and commandeer ships just to get its own equipment back
Helicopters, or lack thereof
The GST that they abolished because it was such a bad, Conservative idea.  (Remember bad, bad Mulroney?)
The Free Trade Agreement that they tore up because it was such a bad, Conservative idea (Remember bad, bad Mulroney?)

Is it any wonder that the BQ is waiting for another referendum, and Albertans are looking at the Alberta Separatist movement a little more closely these days?  Maybe loyal Canadians are sick of the elected aristocracy deciding what to do with OUR wealth, and worse, using our wealth to systematically destroy everything we love about our country.

The younger generation hasn't a clue, they're just in it for the bread and circuses.  A good number of the people who vote Liberal (okay, all of them) haven't a clue.  They keep voting for parties that will give them stuff, forgetting that it comes not from "the government" but from us, and ME.  Absolutely no thought behind it.  They vote Liberal cuz they always vote Liberal, or because the Liberals are going to spend money to help people.  No digging, no thoughts of where the money comes from...it's all a matter of who loves them more.

Liberalism is a philosphy of consolation for the West as it commits suicide.

Much of the talk around here and in the papers sounds remarkably like arguments made by secessionist advocates prior to the US Civil War (sans the slavery issue, although we have a multicultural issue of Quebec Separatism which is equally antagonistic).  Perhaps provincial and federal politicians should start to work together instead of pissing on their territory lest this Dominion have a meltdown.

Infanteer I am going to apologize now for something I just posted on another thread but I am right royally pi**ed off right now.

And NuLL for Brains comments are of no help at all.  Conservatives are supposed to be considerate of those left brained twits out there at the same time as gormless scunnering wee gits like him ramble off at the mouth about their perceptions of the attitudes of Conservatives.  B*gger them all. 

You get along fine in this flaming country as long as you get the groupthink mindgrope party flaming line.  And God help you indeed if you choose to think for yourself and come up with an alternate opinion.

I don't happen to agree with Randy White or even my new MP on family values.  I also don't happen to agree with Paul Martin or Jack Layton or even my Wife.

Regardless I respect their right to have a different opinion.  I would like to be shown the same consideration to myself and all others.

The problem in Iraq and Iran is not that the fundamentalists have an ideology it is that they impose the ideology.

The problem in Canada is not that some Conservative canadians have beliefs AND ARE WILLING TO LET A MAJORITY OF CANADIANS DECIDE IF THEY AGREE WITH THEM, it is that the LEFT wing accepts NO beliefs beyond their own and will impose them on society at large by WHATEVER MEANS POSSIBLE.

You tell me who is closer to the flaming Ayatollahs.
:cdn: :gunner:

Just a reminder Infanteer, in case you had forgotten, Ralph Klein has already held senate elections.

He currently has two Senators in Waiting that were elected by a popular vote of Albertans.  Both Jean Chretien and Paul Martin have already stiffed the people of Alberta by refusing to appoint them to the Senate.  Consequently Alberta is two Senators down and a third vacancy is looming if I remember correctly.

Next move is up to Bernard Lord.  He offered to hold elections for Senate if Harper got in.  What is stopping him from going ahead anyway?

Back