• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Announcing Milnet.ca / Navy.ca / Air-Force.ca

WOW this is great! :D hahaha it's really really neat! I almost fainted when I saw that my messages came from milnet.ca and I was like 'WHAT?!' but :D the excitement has passed and I am fine :D

Great job Mike!  :salute:

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone!

Mike... Something between you and me has cached a copy of the Navigate menu that doesn't work. It's fixed here, it just has to make it to you now. :) You can try Shift-F5 or Ctrl-F5 to force a reload, but I don't think that will work. We just have to wait for the netcache to expire. :(

GAP said:
Also the black font on dark blue in the air-force forum is really hard to read.

GAP, which one do you mean? The text in the quote box, or elsewhere?

When making a post, the dark blue background and black letters had my nose right up against the screen.

On Milnet can the font be brightened up some? or the background a lighter shade of gray?

Mike Bobbitt said:
You can try Shift-F5 or Ctrl-F5 to force a reload, but I don't think that will work.
No it don't work. But it will come back soon I hope. Good job on all the work you done!

Mike, it may be due to my total lack of knowledge about computers.

The - Navigate, Admin, Forms, Services,Information bar on top.

When I click on Navigate, it sends me to the home page.

When I click on, Admin, Services and Information, I get no response.

Clicking on, Forums, is working.

Your improvements to the site are great.

This might have been asked and answered already, but is the intent of the multiple sites that the topics will vary with each site? Right now what is posted on Army.ca automatically goes across all sites.

GUNS said:
Mike, it may be due to my total lack of knowledge about computers.

The - Navigate, Admin, Forms, Services,Information bar on top.

When I click on Navigate, it sends me to the home page.

When I click on, Admin, Services and Information, I get no response.

Clicking on, Forums, is working.

Your improvements to the site are great.
Oy, it is because you have the same problem as me, the nav bar is locked. Give it time and it should be good.

GAP,

The idea is to have 4 sites with a different focus without isolating any one group. So in effect, we currently have 4 views of the same site. Over time I plan to increase the differentiation a bit more, but right now everything is housed together. That way the Navy folks can still PM, chat with and read the posts of the Air Force folks without registering multiple accounts or other complications.

GAP said:
When making a post, the dark blue background and black letters had my nose right up against the screen.

Do you mean the text box where you actually type replies?

GUNS/Mike... the menu is supposed to be a drop-down, not just a menu bar. Is *anyone* seeing a working Navigate drop-down? It should show a graphic for each of the 4 sites.

Mike, there is no " drop down menu" on the Nav. bar. As mentioned before I problem still exists.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Do you mean the text box where you actually type replies?

GUNS/Mike... the menu is supposed to be a drop-down, not just a menu bar. Is *anyone* seeing a working Navigate drop-down? It should show a graphic for each of the 4 sites.

yes the text box in the replies function.

The drop down menu for navigate was working last night, but stopped. Also there is no longer a drop down menu for forums.

GUNS said:
Mike, there is no " drop down menu" on the Nav. bar. As mentioned before I problem still exists.
Same for me. I saw it when I logged out though....

When I right- clicked on the Nav. bar a " drop-down menu" appeared. I never bothered to read it. It was not what was suppose to drop-down. I got ahead of myself. :-[

When I right click on Nav. bar I get " Windows drop-down menu". :-[

GUNS said:
I found out my problem, I have to right click my mouse , to gain access to the Nav. bars " drop-down menu"   Stupid me. :-[
Don't work for me  ???

Mike, what would be the "lure" to use one of the sites over the other once they each have their different focus?  Wouldn't regulars of the original site want to still access all of the boards, and be able to contact anybody?

Ok, can someone who isn't seeing the drop down menu (which seems to be... everyone?) do me a favour?

Please e-mail or PM me the "source" from any page your viewing. (In firefox, you can see the source by pressing CTRL-Shift-U.)

Thanks
Mike

Back