• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any word on Officer trade numbers?

liampcryan

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

Wondering if the recruiting numbers have been released yet for 2012, specifically for officers?

Thanks

Liam

My PLAR went through and I know the board for selection for my case at least is sitting this month (Log O) Hopefully offers go out soon!

Your most reliable source would probably be the National Recruiting Center. At least for my trade, people seem to be hearing different things from different RCs. Maybe that's because people are at different stages in the process, I don't know. I'd say just call the NB office about any trade you're interested in. Your application has to go through there first anyways.

Trick said:
Your most reliable source would probably be the office that holds your file, ie your local recruiting det or the National Recruiting Center.

matthew1786 said:
Curious, do they publicize these numbers?

You would have to ask a CFRC.........which was the point of my response.

Small point, but officers don't have "trades."  Officers are professionals.  We used to say that NCMs had "trades" and officers had "classifications."  Now, we all have "military occupations."

Pusser said:
Officers are professionals. 

Yes, as the "Leadership and ethics" OPME like to emphasise, multiple times, using one definition of "professional".

Just got the word that Infantry, Armour, and Artillery DEO are all closed at this time.

matthew1786 said:
What is your source?

Yeah Infantry, Artillery and Armour DEO are closed. I visited a recruitment office last week and they showed me an expansive list of open/closed trades that was last updated either Mar 16th or Mar 27th.

They said they update the list weekly though, so calling weekly to see if the relevant trades is open is a good thing.

matthew1786 said:
What is your source?

National Recruiting Center. He said he has no idea whether or not it'll open up this year- he kind of implied no one knows what future numbers will be like. I wouldn't hold my breath for this fiscal year at least though.

Trick said:
National Recruiting Center. He said he has no idea whether or not it'll open up this year- he kind of implied no one knows what future numbers will be like. I wouldn't hold my breath for this fiscal year at least though.

I got the same info this morning when I called in.  The recruiter did say that they haven't received the updated intake list yet, so it MIGHT change.

liampcryan,

I called  a few days ago (12-Apr-12) and I was informed that Cbt Arms, INT O, MPO, and LOG O were full at the moment. Pilot was still accepting applications, along with several of the Engineering based trades and other Health Service trades.

Cheers

Do you think the best timing to apply as a DEO is in May or June because the semester at RMC is done and the graduates make their choice for their trade? (I dont know the process if you're from the RMC). Maybe the CF will be able to evaluate their need for combat arms for example and then define the number of DEO they'll need?!? Recruiting center told me the same than you guys, every trades are closed except pilot but i forgot to ask that question about the best timing.

Yea, super lame. When DEO spots are open, people from previous merit list and just applied is going to be piled together in the selection. More people and less spot.  :mad:

I'm currently on the Merit List for Infantry Officer (DEO). Some of you might be tempted to knock me on the head... I actually got a call last January offering me a spot on the BMOQ course starting on Feb. 13th, but I refused the offer because I had just been promoted to a rather important manager position at this company, and I thought it would’ve been disrespectful to quit immediately after such a generous promotion.

So anyway, I told the recruiter to call me back in the Spring, after I've made some significant contributions at my current job. As of my last communication with my recruiter two weeks ago, I was told that the only infantry officer positions left - and as a matter of fact, most of other officer positions left - are strictly for ROTP’s.

This could change at any time however, as they are constantly updating their list of vacancies. I’m not sure whether I should believe this, but apparently I will be among the first to be called as soon as positions free up. Thus, if you’ve been waiting for a while and are on the merit list, anything can happen in the coming days/months.

Back