• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any word on Officer trade numbers?

Trick said:
Oh ok, my mistake. I was under the impression that ROTP candidates did their occupational training in the summers so that they were job-ready upon graduation.
In a perfect world, that would be the case, as well as every skill that they acquire would be 100% non-perishable.

ROTP Cadets generally complete BMOQ during their summer after 1st year.  After that, it could be anything.  Many will do SLT for one or two summers in order to get their BBB profile.  Bilingualism trumps phase training.  People get injured, people switch trades, or any other of a number of factors can cause ROTP cadets to graduate without having completed their phase training.  Many courses (ACSO, for example) are way too long to do in one summer.  So what people here are getting at is that there could be InfO candidates waiting for phase 3 or 4, or even CAP, after graduating RMC/Civ U.

Right, my bad, I was thinking about it too simplistically. In that context, I guess the small numbers make sense.

Well All I know is today my file got transferred from CFNRC to CFRC Hamilton as all three of my trades DEO LogO, Armor O and ACSO are all open at the moment.

here's hoping I can get the CFAT, Medical and Interview scheduled quickly.

Mike

seawolf said:
Well All I know is today my file got transferred from CFNRC to CFRC Hamilton as all three of my trades DEO LogO, Armor O and ACSO are all open at the moment.

here's hoping I can get the CFAT, Medical and Interview scheduled quickly.

Mike

Indeed good luck!

I'm hoping for good news on Log-O when I go in to work on Thursday myself!

Yeah, the numbers are confirmed 12 for Armour Officer [DEO] and 3 for Infantry Officer [DEO].
These are also the national selection numbers.

Sighhh... I've been waiting for 3 years already... It's more of a Lottery now.
Best of luck to everyone. :salute:

Rahul said:
Yeah, the numbers are confirmed 12 for Armour Officer [DEO] and 3 for Infantry Officer [DEO].
These are also the national selection numbers.

Sighhh... I've been waiting for 3 years already... It's more of a Lottery now.
Best of luck to everyone. :salute:

If this is of any consolation, these numbers aren't set in stone. This fiscal year has barely just begun, there will be other selections in the coming months. Looking on the positive side of things, one can take advantage of the summer to get in better shape. That call will eventually come, it certainly won't hurt to be prepared!

If this is of any consolation, these numbers aren't set in stone. This fiscal year has barely just begun, there will be other selections in the coming months. Looking on the positive side of things, one can take advantage of the summer to get in better shape. That call will eventually come, it certainly won't hurt to be prepared!

Yeah, I your are right, there is still hope. And the summer will make getting into even better shape lot easier and fun. I guess I've waited for 3 years, a few months more shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the pep talk Ken :)

I'm in the same boat. This is my third year. I was hoping to be gone in the spring but looks like I'll be waiting at least until August assuming all goes well. Interview is the next step.

ken.w2402 said:
there's got to be some informational discrepancy between the National Recruitment Centre and the local ones.

There is no discrepancy. 

CFRG in Borden in consultation with CMP in Ottawa and the various trade/occupation managing authorities, set out the hiring numbers.  The various local CFRCs and Dets DO NOT, I SAY AGAIN DO NOT, report to, or get information from the CFNRCC in North Bay,  they are merely the "national" centre because they deal with all online files across the country. 

If a recruiter, file manager, MCC doesn't know the latest and greatest hiring numbers, its because they have either been too busy or too lazy to check them.  The number are updated weekly and everyone in a CFRC has access to them.  Whether or not everyone checks them is an individual responsibility.

Quick heads up people:

I had a little phone chat with my RC this morning and was told that the selection for Infantry Officer is to take place next Monday, June 11th. If it's still just 3 DEO spots, I reckon it won't take too long.

Good luck to all concerned.

ken.w2402 said:
If it's still just 3 DEO spots, I reckon it won't take too long.

If there's 2,000 files, they have to go through each one and score it, make a short list and then pick the 3 candidates from those 2,000 files. Don't bet on a quick answer.

PuckChaser said:
If there's 2,000 files, they have to go through each one and score it, make a short list and then pick the 3 candidates from those 2,000 files. Don't bet on a quick answer.

Aren't they just choosing from the existing merit list top down? Just asking.

Depends on how the meriting system works. When we do promotion boards, good scores get you to the board, and then you are ranked by the members of the board based on your file, your evaluation, and other factors. Its not an automated process.

Hi all,

I just got the call from my RC informing me that I have been selected for Infantry Officer. My BMOQ is to start on October 29th, 2012.

Anyone else?

Back