• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update! Wrote my CFAT today and was told I did really well and qualified for my trades! I really wanted to know
how I did exactly but He wouldn't give me a number or even a percentile. (Doesn't hurt to try though right? Haha)
However, they are not hiring LogO's until April so its simply just a waiting game this point. My interview and medical are
after they start hiring as well, I asked if I could get them done in between but I have to wait. Here's to getting in april and a summer BMQ!

***Update***

I had my medical and interview on Jan 9th. I passed my interview and was qualified for both trades I picked. The medical ,however, didn't go as planned. I needed to get a form filled out for my unaided vision. I have 20/70 unaided vision and 20/20 aided vision. They wanted more specific info regarding that. I need to get my family doctor to fill out a form regarding a reoccurring pilonidal cyst I have. The medical officer wanted more information regarding it so it wouldn't affect my ability to do my job as a member of the forces since it is forever reoccurring. It's fine as long as I keep it clean which is easy enough to do. She also said that I have borderline hearing due to too much crud in my ear canal. I suspect that is from being employed at call centers for the last 7 years. So I need to find a way to flush out my ears which is easier said then done. I have never gotten my ears flushed out before so I don't know what the process would be. My darn doctor has been away frequently for differing reasons (courses, coroner duties, vacation, etc) since the 9th so I haven't been able to get the form completed yet however the good thing is I finally got it scheduled for tomorrow. Perhaps I will ask him about getting my ears flushed out at the same time. After that I plan on delivering my 2 medical forms personally to the RC instead of mailing them as I hate snail mail and want to get my app completed as soon as possible.

On a side note I did get notified by the people I used as references that they received a call from the military regarding me. So at least I know they are moving along with my app. It seems that it is just up to me to get my med forms in so they can clear me then I'm in.

They told me in my interview that if I don't hear anything back from them by late april - early may then to call the recruiting center back and see what the hold up is, however judging by what alot of people on here have been saying it may be earlier then that if I get my forms in quick enough. *Fingers crossed*

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Kingston
Regular/Reserve: Regular forces
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1:  AWS Tech
Trade Choice 2: MET Tech
Trade Choice 3: N/A
Application Date: 10/02/2013
First Contact: 10/09/2013
Mailed Docs in : 10/10/2013
CFAT: 11/12/2013 **PASSED**
Medical:  01/09/2014 **PENDING FORMS**
Interview: 01/09/2014 **PASSED**
Enrollment/Merit Listed : pending...
Swear in Ceremony: - pending...
BMQ Begins: - pending...

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Hamilton
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2: Aviation Tech
Trade Choice 3: Avionics Tech
Application Date (Online): Jan 14th 2014
Documents Received: Jan 17th 2014
First Contact: Jan 15 2014
Second Contact: Feb 4 2014
CFAT: Feb 09 2014
Medical: TBD
Interview: TBD
Merit Listed: TBD
Position offered: TBD
Sworn in: TBD
BMQ: TBD

MacIssac said:
Recruiting Centre: CFRC Hamilton
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2: Aviation Tech
Trade Choice 3: Avionics Tech

You need to make a decision soon.  You cannot be processed for Pilot (Officer Occupation) and AVS Tech/AVN Tech (NCM Occupations) at the sametime.  It's either Officer or NCM but not both.

The online application allows this but the real life processing at your local CFRC will not!

Good luck!

Thank You
honestly i know my grades wont be sufficient enough for the pilot CEOTP  program. File manager requested i speak with a recruiter after my test on Saturday and fix aviation tech to my first slot .

Updated...

Recruiting Center: Montreal, Qc
Trade Choice 1: Geo tech
Trade Choice 2: AVS tech
Trade Choice 3: ACS tech
Application Date (online): Decembre 27th, 2013
Re-applied online, their system didn't receive it the first time around: January 20th, 2014
First Contact: January 22nd, 2014
CFAT Date: already done in 2007 and good to go
Papers dropped at the CFRC: January 28th, 2014
Interview: TBD
Medical: TBD
Merit Listed: TBD
Swear In Ceremony: TBD
Basic Training Begins: TBD
Position: TBD

pandora said:
Recruiting Center: Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: Nov 15, 2013
First Contact:  Nov 30, 2013
Aptitude Test: Dec 12, 2013
PT Test: Jan 7, 2014
Interview: Jan 8, 2014
Medical: Jan 14, 2014
Position Offered: Jan 15, 2014
Enrollment/Swear in: Jan 16, 2014
BMQ Begins: Jan 17,2014

----

Every application is different - if you are still waiting a few months for your CFAT date, do what I did, after a month, I contact them in a professional manner asking if there is anything i can do to further my application, instead of siting around fiddling thumbs..

every application is different as in the trade that are in high demand (if you go to forces.ca and see which jobs are highlighted in demand (red) compared to green (hiring) i believe the trade you applied for are only hiring but not in demand such as the trades i have applied for (pilot) etc

I thought the same thing but i honestly got a call today after applying jan 14th - you just have to be patient and dont be afriad to email them, if you like i can give you a contact that worked for me, that works out of the Toronto detachment as i live in hamilton and work in toronto.

he applied for the same position as me as i mentioned (infantry). So how could he have come before me when i applied a month before? i'm calling them tmrw

Seize said:
what do you mean every application is different? dude i applied a full month before that guy and he is done everything and i haven't even gotten to do my CFAT yet or even have a date. this is some straight up messed up stuff.
i have already called them at least 4 times CF is the most unorganized ppl ever

By "every application is different" he means just that. Every application is different. From the first day I applied to the day I got my job offer was 433 days. I've met a few people who applied, after me, got in and finished BMQ before I even got my job offer. Yeah it sucks, this is how it is. If you cannot wait patiently (yes sometimes it's hard), then that's an issue. Are you going to be angry if you don't get promoted and a guy who joined a year after you does? It's not bullshit, it's just how spots are filled.

Contact your unit, or go into the unit to speak with someone then.

I don't pretend to know everything, but I understand your situation. Ride it out.

Hurry up and wait as they always say.

i want to be respectful of the Sgts email address, I believe you can contact me through my email via this site profile and i will forward you the contact address

Seize said:
@smg
you say "that is just how it is" but what would make it like that, what exactly is it that would make another person who applied a month after me get a cfat date within weeks meanwhile i am waiting since sept 20 to get the cfat date

are you trying to say they are doing a closer background security check on me? or what?

Firstly, calm down. Getting yourself worked up doesn't help anyone.

Yes, sometimes there is a reason for things, sometimes there isn't. Perhaps he had more to offer? Perhaps someone saw his file first. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

Admittedly, I did get jealous when my friend applied a few months after me, and finished BMQ before I got a job offer. It kinda sucks. But I can't do anything about that, nor can you.

Freaking out won't change anything. Just be patient.

Some people wait a long time to get in.

Seize said:
ok. there are only a few things i can think of as to why someone would get put ahead of someone else and they are not good reasons.
and its impossible for someone else to "offer more than me" because they don't ask you to list your credentials or any of that

Nothing is impossible. I've stated I don't know everything.

You seem to be taking this quite personal. Don't. It'll make things worse.

Seize, its quite possible that considering the fact that you are talking about the Reserves, there is a good chance that pandora applied to a different unit than you which explains the discrepancy in the time frames. Which unit did you apply to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back